𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 23 (part two)

Chapter 23: part two

✔︎Vote • Comment

**Vote and Comments inspire back to back updates. Don't be ghost.😒 Second, this is not edited ****

Heaven trudged along the sidewalk, her feet dragging in a way that suggested she was carrying a deep, heavy burden

Heaven trudged along the sidewalk, her feet dragging in a way that suggested she was carrying a deep, heavy burden. Her gaze was locked on the ground, and the streetlights seemed to cast an accusing glare as they shone down on her. Questions swirled in her mind while she fought off the urge to sprint home -- if her roommates were awake, they would know exactly where she had been all night. She had promised them a text when she got home, but it hadn't stopped them from calling and texting nonstop until she finally answered or else they would have filed a missing persons.

She felt the familiar weight of her purse on her shoulder and reached inside for the key to her apartment. But as she rounded the corner to the entrance, she saw Harlem pacing back and forth in front of her door. Beads of sweat dotted his forehead and his hands were tightly clenched into fists. She stopped mid-step, raising an eyebrow. "Harlem? What're you doing here?" She took a few steps closer, trying to hide the shake in her voice. He looked up at her with a strange mix of excitement and nervousness.

She was taken aback by the sudden embrace and found herself held tightly against his strong chest. His lips were on hers before she could even comprehend what was happening, sending warm tingles down her spine as he deepened the kiss. She couldn't help but moan into it as his hands ran up to cup her neck. When he pulled away, she tried to form a protest but all that came out was a stammer. Pushing him away with barely contained strength, her voice sounded desperate when she asked, "Harlem, what're you doing?" As if in some sort of trance, she unlocked the door and tried to make a quick escape - only for him to grab her again from behind.

He scooped her up, lifting her in his strong arms and carrying her towards the door of the house. He kicked it shut with his foot, causing the lamp next to the couch to wobble and fall to the floor, making her giggle. His lips captured hers hungrily, exploring every inch as he backed them down the hallway. "Chris is gonna kill us," she whispered between deep kisses. "So, let him," Harlem murmured back before leading her into the bedroom. They stumbled inside as their tongues tangled together, desperate for one another. She giggled again, but then sobered as Harlem moved lower, peppering kisses from her lips to her neck to her chest. His hands made quick work of her jeans she kept in her bag since his brother always tend to rip hers, sliding each button through its hole until they were off completely. His mouth continued its exploration just as she reached out a shaking hand to stop him. "Harlem – please. Okay, stop." She sighed heavily.