Chapter 9

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I wake up early today, which is not fun since I have been training myself to not wake up as early as I did before I came to Hogwarts. I do my normal morning routine and quickly going to the Library, finding the book I wanted. I head to the Great Hall and start eating while I look through a greek mythology book to find the Underworld's entrance guard, a three headed dog, Cerberus. I wonder is this Cerberus also guarding something important as well. I finished breakfast and reading the part of the book that I wanted to look at. I exit the Great Hall and go to the event I have dreaded the most recently, my first Quidditch practice.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

I stand on the Quidditch Field in my new Quidditch uniform. Harry and Oliver carry out trunk and set it down in front of me.

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players, three Chasers, that's you Merlin, two Beaters, one Keeper and a Seeker. That ones you Potter. There are three kinds of balls." Oliver explains then picks up a red one, "This one's called the Quaffle." He mostly speaks to me when saying, "Now, the Chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those hoops." Pointing at the hoops he's talking about then continuing, " The Keeper, that's me, defends the hoops." Oliver throws the Quaffle to me and asks us, "You with me so far?"

We both nod and I put the Quaffle back into it's designated place in the trunk.

"What are those?" Harry asks pointing to two balls jiggling around in their confinement.

Instead of answering like a normal person, Wood hands Harry and I bats and warns us, "You both better take these."

Oliver bends down and releases one ball, and with an angry growl it takes off before rushing back at us. I am scared shitless at this and freeze in place. Harry hits it and the ball goes flying. Wood turns to me probably confused at why I got onto the team but am scared of the actual game. The ball flies back and straight at Oliver while he is not paying attention, I shove him out of the way and hit it as hard as I can with the bat.

"Wha- hey! What was that for Merlin?!" Wood exclaims mad.

I scoff and say back, "The ball was headed right towards you. A thanks would be more customary when someone saves you instead of anger. Just get back to teaching us."

Ew, I sounded like my Father.

Oliver looks back at the ball as it zooms back to us again, and he dives for it. Catching the ball he secures it back into the straps that held it down before.

Harry asks curiously, "What is that?"

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But you are a Seeker, and the only thing I want you to worry about is this...the Golden Snitch." Wood explains.

He hands Harry the snitch and he comments cutely, "I like this ball."

I laugh at his statement and Harry blushes in response.

Oliver clears his throat to gain our attention, "Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see."

Harry cocks his head and looks at Wood, "What do I do with it?"

"You catch it...before the other team's Seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win."

The Snitch then opens its wings and flies away.

"Whoa." Harry gasps.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

It's now the day of Halloween and I am in Professor Flitwick's Charms class. I sit next to Adelaide, as she is in my class again.

The class begins and Flitwick starts the lesson, "One of a wizard or witch's most rudimentary skills is levitation, the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have feathers?" We all show we have one and he nods, "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? Swish and flick, everyone."

Everyone, including myself, repeat back, "Swish and flick."

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Professor finishes.

I turn back to my feather and take out my wand, pointing it at my feather and using the wrist movement Flitwick mentioned, I casted, "Wingardium Leviosa."

My feather glows and floats up, a second after so does Hermione's.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Mr.Merlin and Ms.Granger have done it!"

Hermione and I look at each other and smile. I catch the eye of Ron who looks to be fuming silently next to Hermione.

Adelaide taps on my shoulder and asks bashfully, "Could you help me with my pronunciation,       Y/n?"

"Of course." I say, smiling at her.

By the time class ended Adelaide has made her feather rise, along with Harry. Harry's seat partner who's name I learn to be Seamus' feather sears to ashes and poor Neville's feather exploded, the kid can never seem to catch a break.

We left the class and Harry, Ron, Adelaide, and I are walking together. Hermione told Adelaide and I to go ahead when we said we would wait for her.

Ron starts to rant about Hermione upstaging him fabulously in my opinion, "It's
Leviooosa not Leviosaaar. She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends."

Hermione bumps past Ron and I turn to him with an icy glare.

"You fucking dimwit, now you've done it. How could you say that about her?! She was obviously only trying to help your idiot self! And you go and bully the poor girl! If you want to be as good as Draco then you go ahead and do so. I will be comforting MY friend." I tell Ron with venom in my voice.

I turn and run after Hermione, hearing Adelaide call out my name and follow.

I stop short once Hermione goes into the abandoned Girl's Restroom.

Adelaide comes to a stop beside me and puts a gentle hand on my shoulder assuring me, "I'll go in there and talk to her. Try and get her to come out. You go ahead to your next class, wouldn't want you to get into anymore trouble with your Father."

"Thank you. I will pay you back for this later, I promise." I smile at her gratefully and speed walk off to Potions class.

Only Merlin knows what Snape would do if I were late.