Chapter 87

writing this is going by so goddamn quickly. im on the last half of the fourth book and i only started this book in august. wtf am i gonna do with myself when im done writing this😟

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I blink at Father flabbergasted. Letting my gaze flit to where I can see Kiara and Christopher's faces, they look as shocked and confused as I feel. Father's smile twitches downwards and I quickly put a calm smile onto my face.

Accepting his compliment gracefully I say to Father, "Thank you, Father. I'm...delighted to hear that my hard work is paying off. I will continue to strive to be better and work diligently so I can fill your shoes someday."

Scanning his face for a reaction, I relax slightly at his the corners of his lips moving back up. Alarms are ringing in my head, trying to understand what has prompted this sudden change in treatment.

Father then whirls to face Christopher whispering with poison, "Next time, do not be so foolish as to let your guard down, so you have to be rescued like some pansy faggot. At least Kiara is making herself useful by courting Draco Malfoy. You should stop acting like your Mother, because look where that got her."

He stands up tall, acting like he did not say all of that loud enough for Ginny, Kiara, and I all to hear.

Then Father tells us all, "I must get back to my work, as I am sure Y/n knows already, my job is a busy and hard one. Good day."

Father then apparated away and I swiftly turn to where Christopher is, hoping to comfort him. Only to find Christopher gone. Shit. I cannot believe Father's done this. I have earned my place beside him, but opened up a spot for targets on the twins' backs. Thankfully, we will not be seeing Father much until Summer. So I can think of a way to take the beatings for the twins.

I go to ask someone to come with me to talk to him, and see Ginny is gone too. Well then... Wait. They are both gone, at this point I will not even have to help them get together.

Dumbledore loudly announces the winners who will be facing off in the last trial or, Task as Dumbledore calls them, "Your attention, please! Your winners are Y/n Merlin and Cedric Diggory, who both resurfaced at the same time while they showed innate command of the Bubble Head Charm. However," Here comes the favoritism, "seeing as Mr.Potter would have finished first if not for his determination to rescue not only Mr.Weasley but others as well, we have agreed to award him second place. For outstanding moral fiber!"

Ah...Dumbledore's liking for Harry comes into play again. A bit funny though, that all three of the Hogwarts students won. Kind of makes you feel as though this entire thing is tipped in our favor, although I can say for sure that it is not, still will not it make it easy to believe for others.

Karkaroff spits on the ground in anger, pulling Krum off with him.

"Moral fiber. Blimey, Harry. Even when you go wrong it turns out right." Ron states in disbelief.

I laugh and jokingly say, "It is the world's way of making up to him for almost dying every year."

Harry and I share a grin. It feels like nothing has changed between us in this moment, just how it should be.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

Hagrid takes Ron, Hermione, Harry, and I to the woods above his Hut. The crowd we were celebrating with is no where to be seen now, faraway shouts still sound, along with sloppy snatches of the Hogwarts Anthem. Harry walks alone ahead of us, for some reason.

Sometimes he acts as though he's in this alone. Walking ahead and never speaking the millions of thoughts that are no doubt torturing his mind. I mean, I had to learn of his scar hurting him multiple times this year through Hermione. Although, not like I blame him avoiding me. I have been sitting there and letting him avoid me, so I suppose I am partially at fault here too. I cannot help but yearn for what we used to have, before I confessed and before we even acted on our hidden desires. I stare at his back, wondering where I go from here, how long it will take for him to truly turn me down or how long it will take for him to choose me.

I look over at Hagrid as he reminisces, "I remember when I firs' met yeh all. Bigges' bunch o' misfits I e'er seen. I suppose yeh reminded me o' me a bit. Now look at us all, four years on."

That would be so sweet if it were not slightly insulting.

"We're still a bunch of misfits." Ron states stalely.

My poor ego does not need all of these attacks on it.

Hagrid merrily responds, "Sure. But now we got each other, don't we? And we got Harry and Y/n! One o' them soon to be the youngest Triwizard Champion there's e'er been!"

I chuckle and smile at Hagrid, he's such a sweet friend.

Suddenly, I run into Harry's back. I look at him puzzled then follow his dazed eyes to find a body. The body of Barty Crouch. Ron stops behind me finding the same thing.

I take a step back and yell with urgency, "Hagrid! There's an unconscious body!"

Hagrid runs over and begins to freak out. I place a comforting hand on Harry's shoulder and try to calm Hagrid down so he can go get help. This is a bloody awful way to end such a good day.

(this chapters short bc the last two were super long)