Chapter 42

i wanted to finish this last chapter but that bitch was so god damn long

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Harry responds to such a jaw dropping reveal with, "You. You're the Heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort."

I deadpan at him. Tom just said he was Voldemort, so no shit he's the Heir of Slytherin why does he need everything spelled out for him verbally? This is a waste of time, can we just fight already. I miss my bed and my cat. Today's been much too eventful. I mean in one day Hagrid and Dumbledore were taken away, we walked into a spider hallow and were chased out by said spiders, the school got closed, and we venture down here to find out Voldemort has been behind this whole thing. Too much for so little time, if I might say so myself.

"Surely you didn't think I would keep my filthy Muggle Father's name?" Voldemort asks Harry.

Oh, well that's some unfair ideals he has created. A half blood being the face for racist pure bloods?? It feels like how Hitler held blue eyed blonde people as the standard, when he himself had neither.

Voldemort continues, "No, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world."

Harry, taking personal offense to this exclaims, "Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me." Tom states arrogantly.

"So...the ones who voted for his removal...support you? My Father supports you?!" I yell the last part out of outrage.

Voldemort never graces me with an answer. Attention diverted to music that echos eerily and unearthly, throughout the chamber. Flying from above us is Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix. Fawkes swoops down towards us, clutching a ragged bundle in his golden talons.

Harry verbally saying the obvious, "Fawkes."

Fawkes flies towards me and drops the ragged bundle at my feet. Which appears to actually be the Sorting Hat. Voldemort picks it up before I can stop him or get it myself.

"This is what Dumbledore sends to defenders! A songbird and an old hat!" Voldemort exclaims, giggling.

He tosses aside the hat and turns to statue of Salazar Slytherin.

Voldemort starts to speak in Parseltongue, "Speak to me, Slytherin."

Suddenly, the stone face's mouth opens. There is a rumbling sound, following with the sound of slithering. I slip the makeshift bandana I had resting on my forehead until now, down to cover my eyes quickly. The Basilisk spills out, uncoiling heavily onto the floor.

I hear Voldemort speak behind me, "Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter and Y/n Merlin, shall we?"

Next I can hear him order to the Basilisk, "Kill him!"

The serpent hisses and I can feel the air shift behind me and the sounds of it getting closer. Harry grabs my arm and we start running away from the Basilisk.