Chapter 93

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I sit with Fudge, dressed in formal attire. We stand in Father- er, my Office. I still have to get used to all of his things being mine now.

"I asked for you to come here to discuss the filling of my position while I am still finishing school. Of course, I will be taking my rightful place once I graduate, but I wish to choose who I have temporarily fill my place. Someone capable and intelligent. I do not have any candidates in mind, as the only Auror I personally know is Arthur Weasley. I am unsure if he is equipped to take such a job, so I wanted to ask for you opinion and help on the matter." I explain to Fudge, giving him to room for argument on my mission.

He sighs and tells me, "Nymphadora Tonks would be suitable for your position. As you must know, she's already in the Order of Merlin, a very intelligent and strong willed woman. You'll be interested in knowing that she is also a Metamorphmagus."

I nod, deep in thought. She does seem to be a good fit.

"Thank you for accepting my request and for helping me. I look forward to working with you in the future, Minister. Have a good day." I state, firmly shaking his hand.

Fudge smiles and replies, "Same to you, Mr.Merlin. And condolences on your loss."

With that Fudge raises his wand and apparates away. I sit into the chair at my desk and start to write a letter to Tonks. Father told me of her, terrible things of course. But that only means that she is a wonderful woman, and perfect for the job. I ring a small bell on my desk and the head House Elf, Raina comes into my Office.

"Raina, if you would, can you please send this off? As well as, remind Kiara and Christopher to make sure they have everything for the move." I ask her.

Raina nods, with a smile, and says, "Of course, Master."

I smile at her and hand off the letter. Things with the staff in my mansion have gotten better now that I'm in charge. I have started to give all of the House Elves a generous weekly wages for their service and make sure to treat them all with the kindness they deserve. Father would be furious if he knew of this, but it is his fault for leaving all of his worldly possessions to me in his will.

The funeral already happened, I made sure to make it small, inviting the Malfoys out of respect for the part they played in Father's life, well the part Lucius played in Father's love life specifically. I still feel the pain and guilt from his death haunt me every night, sleeping has become a luxury I cannot afford most nights. The last month has not been easy on twins and I.

The mansion feels much too empty now, I have decided to take up an offer that Black extended to the twins and I to live in his childhood house he inherited from his Mother. I will be coming back here one day, most likely when I graduate, but for now, I want to put the twins first and bring them to a home where they will be happy. So much tragedy has happened to us all in these past two years, they need the change of scenery, and maybe I do too.

I have already packed and had all of my luggage put into the limo we are taking to the house, all that is left is to have the twins put their's into the limo, and be on our way.

Grabbing Nyx from the window nook in my Office, I set off to the Foyer. Finding Kiara and Christopher already down there and ready to leave.

"That meeting was so short for how much you prepared the house for it." Kiara states.

I laugh and tell her, "That is only because I made sure he would not be able to reject my request. Now the Order of Merlin will be in capable hands until I can take on the responsibility. Which means, I do not have to worry about that and can continue to focus on doing well in school, along with taking care of you two idiots."

"Hey! I'm not the idiot, that's Kiara." Christopher says, in a teasing tone.

Kiara yells, "Wha- hey!"

I chuckle and shoo them out the door stating, "You can fight on the way there. Black, Hermione, and the Weasleys are expecting us to be there by dinner time. We will not make it on time if you two continue to squabble."

We all climb into the limo and begin our drive. The conversation not stopping until we arrive a few hours later. I get out of the limo, helping out Christopher and Kiara. The driver takes out all of our luggage and I nod in thanks to her, she then gets back into the limo and drives away. I take out my wand, levitate all of our things, and open the door for the twins. They walk in and I send our things inside after them, following in and closing the door behind me.

"Kiara, Christopher!" Ginny exclaims in excitement, hugging them both tightly.

Things are much easier now between us all now that I broke off our fake relationship. I have no Father to ward off anymore, so I gave her the payment we agreed on, and told her family that it was a mutual agreement. Now we have to somehow make them agree with her dating Christopher. I suppose it has to stay a secret for now.

I give Ginny a quick hug, as soon as I pull away being pummeled by Hermione flinging herself at me. I laugh and hug her back.

I jokingly ask Hermione, "Did you miss me that much?"

"Of course, you bloody idiot!" Hermione yells.

I spot Black leaning against the wall and watching us amusedly.

I straighten and tell him, "Thank you for letting us stay here, Black. It was a nice surprise. We all needed to escape from the mansion with how empty it is now."

"It's no problem, Y/n. And just call me Sirius." Sirius says.

I nod and give my hellos to everyone else, hugging Ron tightly as a greeting. This will be a good safe haven. I can tell that the next few years will be even harder and more dangerous than the last four have been.