Chapter 16

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

The time for our detention has arrived and Draco, Ron, Hermione, Harry, and I are being led by Filch to Hagrid's Hut.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. Merlin, I miss the screaming." Filch reminisces, trying to disturb us.

Draco flinches and I smile at his discomfort.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Forbidden Forest." Filch tells us.

We stop at the Hut and Hagrid walks out with a crossbow sniffling.

"Sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good god, Hagrid, you're still not on about that dragon are you?" Filch sneers.

If it were not for his tone I would have of assumed he is being sincere.

"I just miss him so much. He was only a baby." Hagrid says sadly.

To anyone else it would sound like he thinks Norbert has run away, just like he told everyone he has, but only our group and Hagrid know what he truly means.

"Well you'd better get a grip your heading to the Forest for Merlin sake! Got to have your wits about you." Filch scolds Hagrid with a disgusted face.

Why do I kind of think they would be cute together... I need mental help.

The scarce amount of color drains from Draco's face.

He whimpers out, "The Forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are..." on cue werewolves howl, "...Werewolves!"

Filch rolls his eyes and states, "There's more than Werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. Nighty night."

Draco looks around himself frightened. Hagrid sighs and wipes his nose as Filch stalks off back to the Castle.

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid orders.

We make our way into the Forbidden Forest and Draco for some reason started drifting closer to me the farther in we got. Seeing Draco do this, Harry started to as well. I sweatdrop at the two Draco's blatant sticking close to me since he's seen me in action while dueling and Harry's obvious jealousy, which just confuses me because why is he jealous of Draco for being close to me? Maybe it is normal for friends?

I catch Hermione's eyes and look at her screaming for help. She just snickers and nudges Ron silently pointing out my misery. I glare at them for quietly laughing at me. Hagrid stops at a trail of silver blood, he bends down and swipes his fingers into it, inspecting the blood. Oh...oh no. A Unicorn's blood.

"Hagrid, what's that?" Harry asks.

He replies matter of factly, "What we're here for. See that? That's Unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something."

Harry's head shoots up look at to something and then back to Hagrid. I cock my head confused at his behavior.

Hagrid finishes, "So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me."