Chapter 40

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

We all walk to the Girl's Bathroom on the Second Floor, well more like Harry, Ron, and I walk. Lockhart is being dragged by his wrist by me, of course I confiscated his wand as well so he will not do anything stupid.

Moaning Myrtle flies down to us and immediately starts flirting with Harry, her smile is seductive, which makes my stomach turn for some reason, "Who's there? Ohh... Hello, Harry. What do you want?"

"To ask how you died?" Harry states bluntly, looking taken aback by her flirting.

Myrtle looks flattered and explains, "Oooooh, it was dreadful. It happened right here. In this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Oliver Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in."

"Who was it, Myrtle?" Harry urges her.

"I don't know! I was distraught! But they said something funny. A kind of made-up language. And I realized it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go away, and... I died." Myrtle somberly informs us her story.

I tilt my head at her and ask politely, "Such a mysterious death. Do you remember what you saw last before you died? I also will tell you that the language you heard was Parseltongue, it is used to speak with snakes."

"Ooooh, how interesting! The last thing I remember seeing, were a pair of great big yellow eyes. Over there..." Myrtle tells us, pointing to the bank of sinks.

I dip my head with a kind smile and say, "Thank you, Myrtle. You have helped us greatly."

Myrtle flies off giggling like a school girl. I tilt my head to the side with a confused face. I wonder why she did that. I suppose my random politeness is strange but this is how I should be acting, not like some rebellious and hateful Muggle teen. My emotions have been everywhere lately, I have forgotten why I must not act so impulsively on them. I have a reputation to uphold.

We walk over to the sinks and examine the pipes below them, for any sign the Basilisk traveled through the pipes. Harry stops at one of the copper taps, Ron and I take a closer look and see the same thing Harry does. Etched into the copper is 'Tiny Snake'.

Harry turns to us excited at his findings and states, "This is it, you guys. This is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets."

Ron looks at Harry and urges, "Say something, Harry. Say something in Parseltongue."

Harry looks at me for confidence.

"Go ahead and do the honors of opening it, Harry. You're the one who found it." I tell him, nodding to the tap with the etchings on it.

Harry looks at the tap and demands in English, "Open up."

"English." Ron says, shaking his head.

Harry concentrates harder.

"Open up." Harry commands, this time in Parseltongue.

The entire group of circular sinks open, to reveal a large, open pipe. I have to say I did not expect that one.

Lockhart tries to twist out of my hold and says pathetically, "Excellent, Harry. Good work. Well then. I'll just be going, once this strangely strong boy let's me go. There's no need for me..."