Chapter 96

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I spend my time waiting doing various things, practicing spells with Hermione, being at the end of a braiding train with Hermione and Kiara, reading with Christopher, and watching Nyx play with Hermione's cat, Crookshanks. Although their playing looks more flirtatious than platonic. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

"Oh my Merlin! Our little babies are in love!" Hermione squeals loudly.

I cringe slightly at her volume and narrow my eyes at Crookshanks, stating coldly, "He's not good enough for my perfect Daughter, no cat is, or will ever be."

Crossing my arms, I match Hermione's glare. We hear chatter in the Kitchen and drop our little quarrel, walking over and into said place. Sitting at the table is, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Sirius, Remus, and Tonks.

"Tonks! Wonderful to see you! How has work been treating you? Well I should hope." I greet her, Tonks seemingly uncomfortable as I enter the room.

Maybe it is my formal and elegant way of speech, I have been told it sounds too mature, or too serious like a boss or a parent. It could also be the fact that I am her boss, her position and employment rely on my satisfaction with her work.

Her posture is rigid and her speech is more choppy, and hesitant, as she replies, "It's been good. Everyone there has been helping a lot with the mountain of work that has built up over this Summer."

I nod with a pleased smile on my lips.

"Harry should be here soon." Sirius tells Hermione and I.

We both nod and find a seat at the table. After a few minutes of Hermione, Ron, and I chatting the door opens and Harry walks in along with Mr. and Mrs.Weasley. We all stand and crowd around Harry.

"They cleared all of my charges." Harry announces to us.

I speak up first with a grin, "Welcome back, Harry. Congratulations on being pardoned."

"I knew it!" Ron ecstatically exclaims.

I laugh at his enthusiasm, throwing my arm around Ron's shoulders. I look back at Harry, only to find him glaring at us. My face falls slightly, but I quickly cover it with my same joyful expression. I meet Harry's eyes and step closer to Ron, to which Ron fails to notice.

Our tiny battle is cut off by Ginny, Fred, Kiara, and George all cheering together as they did some strange jig, "He got off, he got off, he got off!"

Christopher laughs off to the side along with me at their antics. Hermione goes and hugs Harry again, Ron glowering at her as does so.

I snicker and lean down, whispering into Ron's ear, "You do not have to worry about any competition with Harry, Ron. He has got his eyes on a Ravenclaw girl named Cho."

Mr.Weasley begins yelling at them all to quiet as I say this to Ron.

Ron blushes slightly at what I'm implying about his crush on Hermione. He groans and pushes me away from him by my head. I laugh and put my hands up in surrender.

"Sirius, we saw Fudge talking with Lucius Malfoy on Level Nine again. Tell Dumbledore, the next time he comes in, would you?" Mr.Weasley asks, I tune out the chaos and focus on listening to their conversation.