Chapter 60

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Hagrid looks at me concerned, Lupin must have told him of that day. Father looks at me eyes flashing with curiosity.

"Good evening, Father. I thought that while you are here, I might be able to say hello." I state, in thinly veiled politeness.

He looks at me in slight disappointment at my performance lacking slightly.

Father responds smoothly, "I was asked to come last minute and for very little time. I did not deem a visit to you necessary... But if you wish to watch with me, I will be able to talk to you after."

"I do not think that wise. Such a young child should not have to witness such a thing." Dumbledore says, with slight concern.

Well, I guess my plea fell on deaf ears. Lupin might as well have screamed it for everyone to hear, with all of the people he told.

Father wears a chilling smile, telling him, "I know that you are his Headmaster, but I am his Father. I know what is best for my own Son. This is something he will have to deal with in the future. Best to prepare them while they are still young."

Father walks out and like a lost puppy, I follow after him, making sure my posture and facial emotions are perfect and under control. It does not matter what I think or how I feel right now. I must get through this, for Mother. Mrs.Weasley has stopped writing letters all together, which either means she was...silenced somehow, or that Mother is with her safe. I stand with Father, looking at Buckbeak.

"I heard from Lucius recently after the trial, that you have tamed this beast, flew on it's back." Father states.

I still for a moment surprised, but then quickly cover it up, calmly answering, "I simply followed Hagrid's instructions. I tried to warn Draco to do the same, and...well we all know how that ended. The beast only needs to be given respect and it will give it back to you. Mother taught me about this beast during the Summer."

I emphasize her name, trying to gauge his reaction. Only a slight raise of an eyebrow, signaling his delight in this battle of wits. But the clenching of his hand, shows me all I need to know until I out right ask him after this. Mother did something that enrages him, and still is a sore spot. She either got caught trying to escape or she succeeded. At least now I know that she got that far and this was not over just his abuse.

I smile at him satisfied, and his face drops slightly. I forgot how I enjoy these types of conversations, the satisfaction in winning of silent battles and the verbal ones. It makes me happy that Father's seat will be mine later on, I was built to be good at what he does, and I bring in a new Order of Merlin, one that is not corrupt. We stand in silence after that, until the rest join us outside. Thank god, I fear if they take any longer, Father would drag me off and beat me for besting him at his own game. Not like he will not do that when I bluntly ask where Mother is later.

I take that moment as a chance to slip away and find my friends. I stop and watch from the woods as the Executioner straps Buckbeak down. The Sun sets as the Executioner raises his axe.

As he starts to swing it down, Dumbledore points into the trees warning, "I heard something move over there, it might be Black."

Everyone's eyes shift over to where Dumbledore is pointing a few feet away from me, but my gaze cannot be taken away from Buckbeak, the Executioner's axe falls...and a sickening chop is heard, Buckbeak is beheaded in one clean slice. I spot Harry, Ron, and Hermione run off looking worried. I sprint and catch up to them at the Whomping Willow.