Chapter 119

was just made fun of by my dad so im using writing to distract myself😜🫶 #daddyissues

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I leave the roar of the party, for the quiet of the corridor, ahead I notice a door sitting ajar. That must be where Hermione went. I step and find her sitting atop a desk, small ring of twittering birds circling her head. The birds change color as they orbit, from sunny yellow, to dark angry red.

"Charm spell. Just practicing." Hermione explains.

I smile sympathetically and tell her, "You seem to be casting the spell exceptionally."

Hermione asks me, "How did it feel, Y/n? When you used to see Harry with Cho?"

I go to answer but am stopped by the door bursting open. Ron rushes in and pulls a giggling Lavender behind him by the hand. They stop and look at us.

"Oops. I think this room's taken." Lavender comments on the obvious, like an absolute ditz.

As Lavender pulls Ron out, he cuts his voice low to me and inquires, "What's with the birds?"

Before I can reply, Hermione rises and points her wand, casting, "Oppugno!"

Instantly the birds race like angry red bullets at Ron, who flees, slamming the door shut. The birds hit the door and explode into small feather clouds. Hermione covers her face and begins to sob. I quickly pull her into my arms and pet her hair to try and calm her. Hermione buries her face into my chest, soaking my sweater with her tears, and grabs fistfuls of my sweater to try and ground herself.

I answer her earlier question, "It felt like this."

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

I have fallen sick. And to my dismay at the same time as Slughorn's party that I was supposed to go to with Harry. I apologized to him profusely, but Harry would not take it, saying that I have nothing to apologize for and should focus on getting better. Still does not help to ease the guilt I feel for making my poor lover go by himself. i just hope I will be better in time for my trip with Christopher back to our...home.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

I sit with Harry and Ron in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express, heading home for Christmas. To my real home, the lonely and empty one, filled with echos of my past, of my Mother and my Sister, the ones whom my heart aches for. Along with the one whom I hate the most...Father. Mrs.Weasley offered for us to stay at the Burrow for Christmas, but I have to get used to that place at some point, for it will be my home forever. Perhaps I could remodel it so that it feels like more of a fresh start. Many of my ancestors have done the same over the centuries of owning the manor. It would help relieve me of the ghosts of my past. The parents whom's lives I am responsible for ending.

My spiral of guilt is interrupted by Ron asking a follow up question about Harry's story that I completely tuned out accidentally, "Unbreakable Vow. You're sure that's what Snape said?"

"Positive. Why?" Harry inquires, puzzled on why Ron is making a big deal of this, closing the Half Blood Prince's book is his lap.