Chapter 57

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Snow covers the ground and the windows fog with frost. It's officially Winter at Hogwarts. Everyone who saw me crack, has avoided the topic, pretending it never happened. Which is for the best, since the next Hogsmeade trip is today, and it was sad to leave Harry behind again. Since McGonagall still can't let him go without guardian permission. I got Father's permission again, Mother still is...unable to respond. I fear Father has done something to her. Hopefully, the little voice is my head saying she is no longer with us, is wrong. Ron says his Mother has not been writing as much recently. Maybe, that's a sign that Mother escaped.

I walk with the rest of the students, following McGonagall to Hogsmeade. Clad in a thick winter cloak, black leather gloves with fur on the inside, black winter boots, my normal school clothing, and a Gryffindor scarf around my neck, replacing Nyx, who has to stay behind.

Once we get there, Adelaide drags me around stores, linking our arms, window shopping and me sometimes buying her things as gifts. It helps ease my guilt about using her for a small amount of time. We reach the Shrieking Shack, as Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle, run past us screaming about some ghost. We go investigate where they were pointing and Ron, Hermione...and Harry?? stand there. We walk over and Harry looks at us with disdain. I raise my eyebrow confused, as the other two look at Adelaide with annoyance obvious on their faces.

Clearing my throat, I ask Harry, jokingly, "So, what kind of scheme did you pull to get here, Harry?"

"It's a secret." He tells me, with a mischievous grin.

I laugh and roll my eyes at him. I remember Adelaide is still here, and looking off put at the cold shoulder everyone is giving her.

"Ah. Well, I promised Adelaide I would get some hot chocolate with her. Would you all like to come too?" I offer, smiling as she perks up.

Adelaide adds, "Oh, that would be wonderful! I would love to get to know you all better! I've heard so much from Y/n, but I've never gotten to have a proper conversation with you all."

Merlin, she is much too sweet for my deceiving self.

"Oh...I...I guess I'll go. I could use something to warm myself, right now." Hermione states, hesitantly.

I give her a thankful smile, and we all leave to get hot chocolate. Hermione ends up getting along with Adelaide and we spend the rest of our time going around stores and chatting. Ron eventually meets up with us, and McGonagall leads us back to Hogwarts. Once we get back and finish dinner, I say goodbye to Adelaide and head off to the Gryffindor Common Room.

Harry pulls me aside, along with Ron and Hermione. He takes out a map and explains what it is, and what it does.

"Oh, wow. That's slightly invasive." I state slightly perturbed.

Ron complains, "Those weasels! They never told me about any Marauder's Map!"

"But you aren't going to keep it, right, Harry? He's going to turn it over to Professor McGonagall, aren't you?" Hermione asks him.

Ron rolls his eyes and states sarcastically, "Oh, sure. Along with his invisibility cloak, his pack of exploding snap cards, his-"

"Oh, shut up." Hermione cuts him off, annoyed with Ron.

Harry then informs us of what he found out when he was off with Ron, and snuck into a pub to eavesdrop on Cornelius Fudge's conversation, "Sirius Black was their friend. And he betrayed them. He was their friend. I hope he finds me. But when he does, I'm going to be ready. When he does, I'm going to kill him."

Harry glares at the ground, eyes hardened.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

Winter passes, I spend Christmas at Hogwarts again, this time Christopher and Kiara stay too. We spend Christmas together happily. I have missed them, so it was nice. The snow and ice melt, and the Dungeon becomes less unbearably cold. As I lie in bed, the cold feels like it still hasn't left as much as I thought it has. I try to get comfortable in the cold...when Ron let's out a terrified scream.

I jump up and grasp my wand, a bit clumsily, adrenaline warding off the grogginess from being half asleep. A man stands with a knife in his hand, only his silhouette showing, illuminated in the moonlight. Everyone is up now screaming, amist the chaos I dart in between Ron's bed, where I assume he's still laying, and the man, raising my wand towards him. The man hesitates.

"Ha! Not so confident with me here, are you? Show yourself, you coward, and face me like a man!" I shout readying myself for a fight.

All the boys run out and Harry gets beside me with his wand out, glass shatters, and Ron's rat, Scabbers, skitters across my toes, running away from Crookshanks, Hermione's cat. Seizing the moment, the man grasps the curtains and swings himself through the open window, disappearing into the night. Harry and I run up to the window and the only shadow I can see, is an animal, as small as a rat, jumping from ledge to ledge, until it too, disappears into the night. I run a hand through my hair and yell in frustration. Angrily mumbling curses to myself, as I survey the room for anything left behind by the man, most likely Sirius Black. Harry runs over to Ron's bed, sweeping his bed curtains aside. I walk over and his bed is empty.

Harry, understandably freaks out, but there's no blood, and they didn't take him from what I saw, "Ron! Ron!"

Harry's eyes flash towards the window, as if somehow, Black magically took Ron, by himself, without us seeing, as he stood in front of us, doing nothing.

"Is he gone?" My head whips down to the direction of the voice, and it's Ron, his head poking out from underneath his bed.

Well...looks like I will not be sleeping tonight.