Chapter 45

onto the third book🥲

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

My entire Summer has been spent teaching my siblings and being taught by Father, on how to handle his job position and everything that entails being a direct descendant of Merlin. Although, he grows grumpier the longer the Summer goes on, I would bet it is from lack of seeing Lucius Malfoy. Nyx has grown lots and gotten a habit of catching mice, then showing them to me proudly... It would be cute, if it were not so disgusting. I myself have grown too, taller, leaner, and smarter. Most of that is likely because of my strict regimen every Summer with my school books for the next year.

Another new development is that Father has seen me be more responsible and let me send letters this Summer, without checking who they are going to. I suppose, I have earned his trust.

I recently got a letter from Ron saying that Harry is now homeless and staying at the Leaky Cauldron. He and Hermione were getting school supplies with the Weasley family and found him staying there. I guess I cannot be jealous for missing out if I got supplies brought to me the day I got back from Hogwarts. Oh, and Ron said he got a new wand, thank Merlin for that. Don't want anymore spells backfiring.

And the last piece of news is that Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban, and how the hell did that happen? It is a highly secure prison, and based on my knowledge he's the first person who has ever escaped from Azkaban. When Father saw this he went into a rage, practically beat Mother and I raw with a belt. Fancy new scars to hide from everyone, not like I did not already have large collection of them. On the bright side, I have kept him from laying his hands on the twins, not like they have done anything to deserve being beat yet.

Now, finally, I stand at Platform 9 3/4 with everything I need, Nyx across my shoulders, and my siblings beside me, ready to get the hell away from home. My poor Mother looks like she knows that now Father will be relentless on hurting her, or just gone with Lucius Malfoy in his arms instead. I chew the inside of my cheek, as I let the twins say goodbye first. They both run off towards the train and I walk up to Father and shake his hand firmly.

"You will continue to learn of your duties, once you return for Christmas break. Continue to do me proud in school, but this year...stay away from anything related to the Dark Lord, do not disobey my order and you will be welcomed back with open arms. Farewell for now, Y/n." Father tells me, before turning and heading back towards our limo that took us here.

I quickly turn to Mother and hold her hands in mine, begging her, "Please, if he hurts you run to the Weasley's house. I promise they will help you escape him. He does not hate me as much anymore and the twins are not his targets. If you do this I will cover for you and support you the whole way. I wish to know the real you, without Father's influence."

"I-...I-If this is truly what you want... I suppose I can try. But only when I know I will not get caught. I promise you, someday, he will be the one crying for mercy below us. Do not fret about me too much, you have to get stronger and smarter. Have a wonderful year, Y/n." Mother says with tears in her eyes.

We hug for a moment before the train whistle blows, signaling that it will be leaving soon.

I let go and give her a happy grin, then hand off my bags and board the train. Searching compartments, I do not see my best friends in any, so I get a mostly free one and sit in it next to the man in there. The man is in shabby robes slumped asleep against the window, with a briefcase next to him. I look and see that the inscription on it says, 'Professor J. Lupin'. So, he's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. I wonder why he is taking the train there.

I take out a book on the history of Azkaban, because despite Father's warning, I am sure Sirius Black will come after Harry and I must know how strong he is if he was able to escape. I must know how to protect Harry from him.

The train whistle blows again and the train to Hogwarts leaves the station. A moment after the door to my compartment slid open loudly. I slightly smile, pretending to not hear them. Ron clears his throat and I look up grinning at them all mischievously.

"Oh, you guys are here. I didn't even notice." I say teasingly.

Ron just scoffs and complains, "Oh, bugger off, you bloody idiot."

I chuckle and get up to hug them all. After, They all get in and sit. Same way that we always do in the Great Hall, Harry across from me, Ron next to him, and Hermione next to me. Hermione and I squished with Professor Lupin. Maybe Hermione should sit with the boys instead.

"I think I'll just sit with Harry and Ron, it will be an easier fit." Hermione tells, making sure the boys hear her as well.

I nod and reply with a smile, "It is as if you read my mind."

Hermione switches sides and, although, it is still a squeeze, you can tell there's more room than there is over here. Hermione being in between Ron and Harry, causes Ron to look extremely uncomfortable. A laugh under my breath and notice Ron looking at Lupin.

Ron asks curiously, "Who d'you reckon he is?"

"The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor J. Lupin." I answer him, while continuing to read my book.

Ron looks at me annoyed and shocked, he questions Harry and Hermione me, "You know everything. How is it he knows everything?"

Hermione giggles and inquires me, "You read his briefcase too?"

I nod smirking to myself, then flipping a page in my book.

"Is he really asleep?" Harry asks me.

I look up and state, "He seems to be, has not woke since I got in. Definitely not dead, he's still breathing."

"Why? What is it Harry?" Hermione questions him.

Harry just says, "Close the door."

We all exchange confused and curious glances, then Ron rises, and slides the door shut. Well now maybe I can read in peace.