Chapter 97

i feel like i reply to comments more than i write in this book lol but its getting to the point where theres almost too many comments to reply to😔

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I exit the Hogwarts Express with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Christopher, and Kiara. We move quickly through the crowds to the carriages that will take us to the Castle. I go to sit with my friends, but Kiara tugs me onto a carriage with Christopher and her, Ginny going into the carriage with the others. I sit across from them both, as they stare at me expectantly.

"So, why was I brought with you guys?" I ask curiously.

Christopher tells me, "We want to know what the Thestrals look like. Neither of us can see them, we tried asking people last year, but no one else could see them either."

I give them a lopsided smile and sigh lightly.

"Well, it has the body shape of a horse, but the skin and wings of a black bony dragon. Quite horrifying looking to be honest." I elaborate to them, after mulling over how to describe such a strange creature.

Ever since Mother died Christopher has developed a fascination with Magical Creatures. I just know Mother would have been proud of him to follow the passion that she yearned to her whole life. I wish to think of her and smile, not feel such bittersweet heartache as I have since she passed.

I force myself to tell them both, "Mother would-... She would be very proud of you both right now. I am so proud of you both right now. For getting so far and blossoming into such wonderful and amazing people. I hope that this year we can all move on completely from all of the hardships that have befallen us these past few years."

Kiara tears up and leaps over, hugging me and burying her face into my chest.

"Mom would be proud of you too, Y/n." Christopher states, wiping away his own tears.

Kiara pulls back and complains, "Ugh! I messed up all of my makeup now! I can not let Draco see me like this."

Christopher and I laugh, at Kiara's dismay. She pulls out a compact mirror and some of her makeup, wiping off and reapplying what got ruined. Kiara had me help her stitch pockets in her uniform cloak for all of her makeup to go, since she just got into wearing it with Ginny this Summer.

"There!" Kiara happily states, snapping her compact shut and putting all of her things back into her cloak.

Kiara seems so mature now, she looks almost like I'm staring at a photo of Mother. Christopher looks like a mix of Mother and Father, Mother's face coming through with his delicate face shape and nose, and Father's eyes and lips, his hair color is even a mix of their's. The more they grow the more you can see the resemblance to Mother. But neither have such a strong likeness to Father like I do, although I look less...how should I put this...dead? No, no, I said that wrong. He always looked overly stressed and exhausted, I always imagined him dying of stress or lack of sleep.

The carriage coming to a stop snaps me from my thoughts. I climb out and hold out my arm, helping the twins out of the carriage. We follow the stream of students into the Great Hall. I wave goodbye to Christopher and sit in my spot with my friends. After a bit everyone is sitting at their tables and loudly talking to their peers.