Chapter 51

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Later, while I'm walking to the Great Hall for dinner, with Nyx around my neck, and Kiara rushes up to me.

"Y/n! What happened to my Draco?! They wouldn't let me see him at the Infirmary, and there's too many Slytherins crowding him and yelling at me to go away at the Slytherin table." Kiara expresses to me on the brink of tears.

I sigh, and pull her into my arms, holding her tightly, petting her hair.

I tell her in a soothing tone, "He got cut by a Hippogriff, luckily it's not a bad injury. I'm sure he's saying it was horrible, but I was there holding him after it happened and I saw that it wasn't. You know how he is."

Kiara nods and I wait a little while for her to calm down. She backs up and wipes her eyes, sniffling. I smile at her comfortingly and she gathers her bearings.

"Thank you, Y/n. You're the best big brother a girl could have. It's been lonely without you and Christopher around as much, and with Draco getting hurt...I just couldn't handle it all." Kiara confesses, studying the ground, upset.

I place my hands on her shoulders and look her in the eyes assuring her, "I will always be here if you want to just be together, or if you want to talk about your problems like this. And maybe...just maybe, I will talk to you about your boy problems. If you beg me."

I smirk at her and she laughs. I chuckle at her, pulling her with me to the Great Hall. We walk in and I let go of her hand, standing by the Gryffindor table.

"You can sit with your friends, or you can sit with my friends and me. Your choice. I don't think the crowd around Draco will die down until after dinner." I say, smiling at Kiara.

Before she can decide Seamus shouts out, holding the Daily Prophet, "He's been sighted!"

It's most likely about Black. I hurry over and read the section they're talking about. On the front is a picture of Sirius Black, in a location that I don't recognize.

Hermione, who's leaning over me, reads the passage, "Achintee? That's not far from here..."

"That's troubling news." I state, worriedly.

"You don't think he'll come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asks us, scared.

Lavender replies with a question of her own, "With Dementors at every entrance?"

The other Lavendar, spelled differently, says, "Dementors? He's already slipped by them once hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?"

I look at Harry, Black's after him and he must be coming here. A flicker of fear passes through Harry's face. This poor boy. Every year someone wants him dead, Voldemort, the school, Voldemort again, and now, Sirius Black. And he's only thirteen. With how much we have been through, sometimes I forget how young we all are.

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." Ben states, grimly.

(bro why tf is Ben described in the script as a nigerian boy while no one else has been described at all💀💀)

I spend the rest of my night comforting Kiara, Christopher rushed up to me terrified after the news too. I did the best I could until curfew, I then head to bed and curl up under the covers with Nyx.