Chapter 70

since we hit 5k reads i was thinking of wtf to do but im thinking having a vote of who wants homophobic gay dad dead in which grade when y/n is in hogwarts bc ppl rlly want him dead😭

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I sit in my usual seat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. The table covered in different delicious wizard dishes, and the Hall has been decked out, like every start of term feast for the past three years I have been at Hogwarts.

The first years were just sorted, and Dumbledore stands up, beginning his big speech that he makes at the beginning of every year, "Mr.Filch, our beloved caretaker, has informed me of the list of objects forbidden within the Castle now includes, Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, Ever-Bashing Boomerangs, and Chocolate Marshmallow Bunnies."

All of the students laugh at this, I raise my eyebrow, with an amused look.

Dumbledore states with humor in his voice, "I'm joking about that last one. Full list of comprises some four hundred and thirty seven items and may be viewed in Mr.Filch's Office."

"Mental. Always has been." Ron comments snidely.

I nod agreeing with him. Looking to Harry, I see him staring at the Ravenclaw table, more specifically at that same girl from the train. I glower at the table, clenching and unclenching my hands. Hermione looks at me questioningly. I still have to tell her my promise of engagement and love for Ginny, is only a show.

"Now. There is, apparently, a nasty rumor flying about the school that Quidditch will not be played this year. That rumor, I'm here to tell you...is absolutely true."Dumbledore informs everyone, indignation fills the Hall, Dumbledore smiles at this then continues, "There is an explanation. You see, Hogwarts will this year play host to a legendary event. An event that has not taken place in over one hundred years...the Triwizard Tournament."

The Hall erupts into cheers and excitement. I break into a smile at the announcement, even though I am not old enough to participate, it will be fun to watch such a momentous historical event. Well...as if every year my friends and I have not achieved that.

Fred's voice yells clearly, through all of the noise, "You're joking!"

"I am not joking, Mr.Weasley. For those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament was originally conceived some seven centuries ago as a way for the three largest European wizardry schools to engage in a series of magical contests while their respective student bodies experienced the benefits of cross cultural social intercourse." Dumbledore explains.

Now why could he not use a different word, why did he have to use "intercourse"? A crackling, albeit bewildered, silence hangs in the air. Wow...how did no one understand that? People talk with that kind of vernacular all the time in the Ministry.

Dumbledore summarizes it for everyone, "In other words: One got to spend an entire year getting to know people who spoke a funny language. Unfortunately, due to a distressing high death toll, the Tournament was canceled...until now. Tomorrow, delegations from the Beaxbatons Academy of Magical Arts and the Durmstrang School of Wizardry will journey to Hogwarts. This year, our home will be their home. I ask only that you endeavor to make it a happy one."

Holy shit. I get to see pretty French girls. If Harry can stare at girls, then so can I.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

After the feast ends, I pull Hermione into a secluded section of the Castle.

She turns to me confused and asks, "Why did you bring me here?"

"My relationship with Ginny is fake." I bluntly tell her, thinking it's best to be straight with her.

Hermione blinks as she processes this, then looks at me and inquires, "I know you told me of your Father trying to force you into a relationship with pure blooded girls, so you get to escape that through this fake relationship. But what does Ginny get out of this?"

"I'm compensating Ginny with money and the promise that I will help her and Christopher get together. She's crushing on him. The twins know the relationship is fake, so that will not be a problem." I explain to Hermione.

She continues with her questioning, "Do the boys know this? I thought...I mean, from what I saw last year when we were pursuing Sirius, and how you look at each other know... I thought you and Harry have a connection?"

I scoff and look away forlornly.

"Harry knows, Ron does not. It's safer that way. He would not be able to not tell people. But the other thing, I thought we did...that we do. I'm not so sure right now. Did- Did you see the way he looked at that girl? What if...What if he wishes to take the easier route and be with her? I'm terrified, Hermione. What I am, what I feel is wrong to so many. Will he still be there if people find out? Will he chose me, chose to be hated for us?" I ramble, tears running down my face, dripping off my chin.

Hermione hugs me tightly, as I cry into her. If only Mother were here. If only see saw my letters before she passed and told me what to do. I'm so lost and I need her.

Hermione comforts me as she says, "I don't know what he will do or what he feels and thinks about all of this. The best way to clear this all up, even if it's scary, is to ask him. You can't change who you are or what people think about it, you can only embrace who you are and show a brave face to whoever tries to tell you that you're wrong."

I smile at her and wipe my face, regaining my composure.

"Wow, I had no clue you would be so good at giving advice. I should have gone to you sooner, when my Mother stopped replying to my letters." I joke.

Hermione smiles bashfully at me, then we walk back to the our Dormitories. I get into bed, planning to corner Harry tomorrow and talk to him.