Chapter 124

you guys have broken my resolve. i will be writing a smut chapter in this book. i'm not sure when but when the right moment comes i will try to write a masterpiece of porn.🥰

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

I situate myself on my newest broom. I have made a habit over the years of buying a new model every time one comes out, even going as far as to pre order them. I slip my wand out of my pocket and hold it against my broom. Then turn to Moody, waiting for instructions.

Moody then tells us, breaking through the silence of everyone waiting for him to give us the que, "Good luck, everyone. On the count of three. One..., two, -"

Hagrid cuts him off flying his motorcycle off into the night with the real Harry in his sidecar.

I kick off the ground and follow after them, leaning forward and whipping past Hagrid and Harry.

A sudden disturbance fills the air. One by one Death Eaters drop out from the clouds, surrounding everyone, including me. I fight the urge to check if Harry and Hagrid are safe. A single move could give away who the real Harry is.

I raise my wand swiftly, barely managing to reflect the spells flying at me.

I skillfully maneuver around spells and Death Eaters coming my way, never attacking and only blocking or repelling spells. I do not wish to feel another person die from my hands. Father already haunts my dreams enough, I cannot imagine another doing the same.

My resolve in that sentiment quickly deteriorates when I get attacked from behind and feel my left hand fall off, the stump beginning to profusely bleed. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I turn around and point my wand at the Death Eater, harshly whispering, "Avada Kedavra."

My spell hits the Death Eater, they convulse, their hood falling to reveal a young woman. She looks to be barely over twenty, her face is twisted into terror and agony. Then, she falls off her broom to her death.

Tightening my thighs around my broom so I do not fall off, I continue to mercilessly steal life after life, my adrenaline pumping as I feel my own life slowing slipping from my fingers. But I cannot die here, I will not die here. Christopher needs me, Harry needs me, Kiara needs me. I am determined not to let death take me.

The sky clears up after a while, the Death Eaters gone in a flash. Worry riddles my mind, but the fear for my fleeting health keeps it away.

As the Burrow comes into view I can feel my panic leaving. I am so close to safety.

I feel my consciousness begin to slip. Quickly, I lean forward and rocket down towards the Burrow. Three blurry figures appear in my vision. Hagrid is the most obvious one in my muddy view.

Seeing me coming towards them, who I think is Molly, screams in terror. When I get to close I, swiftly stop my broom, launching my weakened body off of it. I hit the ground hard, rolling to a stop right near them.

Blinking, I groan and try to fight away my exhaustion.

I loudly announce as I hear them rushing over, heavily slurring my words, "Uh'm losin' tuh much blood. Can't stay uh'wake."

"You're gonna be alright, dear. Try to keep your eyes open for now. You can rest soon." Molly tells me softly, panic seeping through her voice.

I squint my eyes to try and focus them, saying, "...Can't. Tuh hard. Wen' whole way lik' this."

Black spots flood my vision as I feel my limp body get lifted up by strong arms and brought into the Burrow.

I make a sound of protest as someone yells, fighting against my drooping eyelids. I'm placed against a hard surface and a bottle is put to my lips. I subconsciously drink the liquid, that I assume to be a potion.

I grunt as I lose the battle against my exhaustion, slowly slipping into a dreamless sleep.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

I wake slowly when I hear some commotion. I move to lift myself up and fall back down when my left hand does not meet the surface I am on. Bracing myself on my elbows, I blink to clear my vision and look to my left arm confused. Only to be met with a horrifying sight. My hand is completely gone. Cut clean off at the wrist. My breathing becomes harsh and I grip my left forearm with my only hand.

A hand goes to my shoulder and I jump away from the touch. I look up at them, and find a guilt ridden Harry.

I avoid his eyes and glance around. I am on a blanket on the ground a few feet from the couch where George sits, a dark hole in the side of his head where his ear once was. Everyone's eyes are on me.

Christopher rushes over and hugs me. I harshly bite my cheek to prevent the tears welling up in my eyes from falling. Christopher pulls away when he realizes I will not hug him back.

"What happened, Y/n?" Christopher asks me.

I hollowly tell him, and everyone else in the room, "In the beginning I stayed passive, then they took my hand and I took their lives. It was a struggle to stay conscious due to the dismemberment happening almost right away."

I can feel their stares, their disgust and horror in what I have said. I glance around and furrow my brows.

"Mundungus and Moody are missing. What happened?" I question, letting any one of them answer.

Hermione informs me, "Mundungus fled when he saw Voldemort and...Mad Eye's dead."

I cast my eyes to the ground.

"We were betrayed. That is the only logical explanation for the Death Eaters and Voldemort knowing of our plan." I state with conviction.

The room goes quiet and everyone's eyes shift.

Hagrid immediately begins to defend himself and everyone else, "Wha'? One of us? Tha's mad. I'd wager me life it wasn' none of you lot. An' if it was me I'd kno', wouldn' I? Talk in me sleep on occasion, I'll admit, but there's only Fang aroun' ter hear an' mostly it's gibberish an' besides I'd cut me own tongue out 'fore 'd betray 'arry e'en in me dreams-"

Hagrid stops, blinking miserably. Everyone, including myself, begin to smile.

"Wha's so funny?!" Hagrid asks, sounding puzzled.

Harry then tells him, "I trust you with my life, Hagrid. I trust everyone in this room. Understood?"

I nod, still only partially aware of everything going on around me.

"Understood." Remus answers.

George responds, "''Ear, 'ear."

Fred nods approvingly at George's joke and says, "Better."