Chapter 122

i really popped off with the angst in this chapter also the book ended so abruptly that i didnt plan ahead and now this chapter is extremely short🤭 next one will be long to make up for it

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
Y/n's P.O.V.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

Students rush towards the Lower Courtyard, Hermione, Ron, and I following. Considering the commotion that has arisen something must have gone terribly wrong with Harry's trip with Dumbledore. Ron, Hermione, and I push through the crying and confused students. McGonagall appears, meets our gazes, and continues on.

Hagrid's Hut is on fire and there are figures fleeing in the horizon. I spot Harry charging after them. He and what looks to be Snape, engage in a battle, spells firing left and right.

A sudden scream comes from a student who points towards the sky above the Astronomy Tower, the Dark Mark. Someone has been murdered by Death Eaters. I scan over the crowd of students and teachers, and find only one important man missing. Dumbledore. A feeling of immense dread and sadness washes over me. Who will protect us now? Who will guide and look over Harry and us? What will happen now?

Dumbledore is brought to the Middle Courtyard and we all rush over. He looks so peaceful in death. Despite the trail of blood coming from Dumbledore's mouth and his disheveled appearance, he almost looks as though he is sleeping. In way he is, just this time he is sleeping eternally.

The mob of students part for Harry and Hagrid. Hagrid stops short, shattered by what he sees. Harry pushes on, and kneels beside Dumbledore. Harry straightens Dumbledore's half moon spectacles and wipe the trickle blood from his mouth. Then runs the back of his hand gently over Dumbledore's weathered cheek. Harry grabs a locket lying beside Dumbledore and his body begins to rack with gut wrenching, anguished sobs. I quickly rush to Harry's side and drop to my knees, holding him close to me. Harry collapses into my chest and bunches my sweater in his fists. His tears soaking said sweater, and his heavy breaths warming my chest.

One by one the students and staff lift their glowing wands to the sky in salute to their fallen Headmaster. Anyone who doubted Voldemort's presence have been slapped in the face with reality. This world is cruel, death is force that takes from all, no matter the person nor the time.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

The school's banners are replaced by black tapestry. The Castle remains quiet and solemn, almost seeming like the school is empty. Without Dumbledore it might as well be.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I stand in the Astronomy Tower. Harry stands by the rampart and looks off into the distance, Hermione accompanying him. Ron and I stand further back, out of earshot from the pair. Harry has already explained everything to us about that day, him and Dumbledore finding the fake Horcrux, Draco attempting to kill Dumbledore and never having the courage to do so, then Snape killing Dumbledore for Draco.

I have a feeling this is the last blow that Harry can stand. He's going to do something rash, I fear that he will leave me behind in the process of drowning in his grief and enacting his revenge. I know that it is selfish of me to think such a thing, and Harry is suffering more than I will ever know right now, but I do not wish to lose him. Not when I just finally got him.

Ron and I join Hermione and Harry at the rampart. We all watch the horizon together. I can tell that life is just going to be much harder from here on out.