Chapter Three

» [New Romantics – Taylor Swift] «

         1:18 ─〇───── 3:50

              ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

As Y/n walked entered the school immediate whispers were heard, conversations about her were everywhere. 

Mostly things about how she looks like a good girl or bets that she'll probably get expelled before the school year ends. But not one affected the girl, All she did was chuckle and laugh.

As she looked around the hallway she saw the green hair that belonged to her friend. As Xiao closed his locker he saw the girls face looking exactly at him, Xiao waved at her, face still stoic. As y/n saw Xiao waving at her, she had a thought, a mischievous one at that.

The girl started to run, Xiao wondered where she was running too until he looked into her eyes, knowing exactly what was going on in her brain. 

" oh fuck " he cursed to himself. 'Thud!' the loud sound echoed throughout the hallway. " what the hell y/n! " he said groaning, hands going to his head holding it in pain.

As Xiao was going to scream bloody murder at the girl he saw the "appropriate" position they were in. y/n sat on Xiao's lap head still on his shoulder as she laughed and Xiao's hands on her hips holding her steady. Which he doesn't remember doing he must have done it subconsciously.

The girl stood up and dusted her clothes off and gave Xiao a hand. Xiao glared at her before taking it. As people looked at them they all whispered about the two unusual duo. 

And as you guessed y/n did not care at all, but it was different for Xiao. As he studied in this highschool for the high and rich he learned one thing, reputation can get you up on the pedestal or drag you in the dirt.

That was what surprised Xiao of the girl so much. How could she be so carefree? That was what made her so interesting. And ofcourse it was only the second day of the year and everything is already so chaotic.

As the two were back on their feet, Xiao glimpsed at the girl who was...frowning? He looked at her worriedly yet surprised. " you alright? Does anything hurt?" he asked the girl. She just shook her head in reply holding up her schedule about to look at the next class.

He gave a sigh before he picked up his fallen bags and snatched the girl's schedule. As he scanned the pages his eyes widen in surprise before asking, "we have the same schedule, where were you yesterday? " " oh that? I skipped " she replied with a smile.

Xiao looked at the girl disapprovingly like how a mother would look at her child when she did something wrong. The girl giggle to herself knowing that she's gonna be the reason the short boy will have wrinkles soon in time.

" im gonna skip today again, wanna come? " the she asked looking at him with a smirk. " too bad you're not skipping today" Xiao replied with a frown. 

" huh who said so? " she asked the boy leaning her face towards him until their faces we're inches apart.

Xiao tsk'd before locking hands with the girl again and dragging her with him. Y/n just giggled at the short boy.

Meanwhile....

" Diluc what are you looking at? " A certain blue haired drunk asked the red head. " I'm looking at y/n L/n's records- hey is wine in that flask Kaeya?! " " No dear, brother its water " He replied back with a small smile before slowly backing away in the shadows.

Diluc looked at his brother disapprovingly before going back to the reports he was reading. His eyebrows raised in surprised by what he read. Y/n L/n almost a perfect report card Full of A's BUT yes you heard me but, on her math grades it was all either a C or an F.

He smiled knowing how he could get back at her- *cough* *cough* help the girl improve. As he scanned all of the reports of the students in the school he smiled at one, one that would perfectly keep the girl in line.

Back to the two...

" Heyy y/n and Xiao " Venti said putting his arms on the shoulders of the two.
" Heyy Venti " she greeted back with the same energy. 

Xiao tsk'd for the 30th Time today as he pulled Venti off of him. As Xiao sat down on his designated seat, he stared at the two. A glimpse of jealousy passing his eyes on how close Venti and y/n we're.

'honestly why do I care?' he quickly asked himself before pulling out his notes. " what are you doing? " a familiar voice came from the seat next to Xiao.
" why are you sitting here? " he asked the girl looking at her, eyebrows raised. 

A gasp can be heard from the girl as she put her hands dramatically on her chest before speaking, " who said I can't sit here? Its like you don't love me anymore! " she said wiping the 'tears' that came out of her eyes.

The boy only rolled his eyes in reply.
" so back to my question, what are you doing? " she asked leaning on her hand staring intently at the boy.

" I'm reviewing my notes from yesterday "

" which subject? " the girl asked back quickly.

" math. "

a quick 'oh' came from the girl before she asked another question, " are you good at math? " Xiao only nodded in response still re-reading his notes.

As the girl was about to ask more questions, a familiar red haired teacher entered the classroom. " ok everyone to your seats, also y/n and Xiao my office later. " he quickly said before pulling out his books and writing on the board.

The two looked at each other eyebrows raised wondering what was that about.

Little did they know it would be the kick start to their friendship, and maybe something more?