Chapter Twenty Two

» [Lover – Taylor Swift] «

   0:50 ─〇───── 3:41

       ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Current time: 11: 23

As the group was on the couch watching the 5th harry potter movie. The day was Sunday, everyone didn't give a shit about sleeping late. 

Well mostly Kazuha and Aether but they soon got too into the movie and just gave up trying to sleep early.

" Shit, we're out of snacks..." Venti said tipping over the Doritos chip bag. " can someone buy more? " Venti asked looking at the group with his 'puppy dog eyes'. 

" Yeah, I want more snacks " You whined navigating through all the empty wrappers of junk food in the clear glass table.

" You do realize it's like midnight now. " Xiao said crossing his arms and looking at you both. 

" yeah but what about the snacks? " you said looking at him. " what if you get kidnapped? " he said narrowing his eyes at you. Groaning you were about to give up until an idea crossed your mind.

" how about you come with me? " you said looking at him with a wide smile. " that way, you'll protect me if I get kidnapped! " Xiao looked at you brows furrowing, you really weren't gonna give up were you? Sighing he stood up and nodded.

You and Venti looked at each other, stars in both of your eyes knowing you'll both get what you want. Getting your coat, you walked out the door with your wallet and phone. 

" you know, we could've just bought the snacks and watch after school again? " Xiao said rolling his eyes.

Hearing no answer from you he looked over at you scrolling through your phone not watching your surroundings. Not minding, you both continued to walk over the crosswalk, well he did. 

Crossing the road he glanced behind him seeing you were still in the middle of the crosswalk still scrolling through your phone.

As you were crossing a bright light approached you as well as a very loud horn of a car. Looking through the side you saw a car coming towards you really fast, clearly distracted by what may be the cause of your death, you didn't notice Xiao screaming at you. 

Closing your eyes you prepared what was coming next, I mean you did try this before so why were you scared? Well, too bad it didn't come.

The next thing you knew a hand grip your wrist tightly, really tight that it may bruise tomorrow. Hitting something hard, you heard screaming. Wait screaming? Opening your eyes you saw your face in Xiao's chest, his arm's holding you tightly.

Going back to your senses, you finally made sense of what the screaming was about. " Are you fucking crazy?! What made you think you could drive that fast in the road! And almost hit a person! " Xiao said letting go of you about to punch the guy to the ground.

" Xiao calm down, it was also my fault for walking with my face on my phone " you said gripping his wrist, hand still shaking about what happened. " well he shouldn't have been fucking driving that fast! also this is a pedestrian lane! " he said gritting his teeth.

" lets go please " you begged voice still shaky. Giving you both walked away, you held his hand tightly not wanting to let go. A few seconds of walking later a soft 'stop' came from him. Looking at him wondering why he called you. Hands wrapped around your waist as he hugged you tightly.

" you should've just let me beat him up..." he muttered face buried in your hair.

Least to say, words can't describe how much he loved you.

" so we still gonna go to buy snacks? " At that sentence Xiao straightened up and flicked your forehead glaring at you. Oh boy, you're gonna get a handful. 

" You almost fucking died! " he said shaking your shoulders. Laughing you started to laugh pulling him along.

Minutes passed by as both arrived at the store. Putting everything that caught your eye in the shopping basket (with Xiao scolding you for buying too much sweets) you both went to pay. Glancing at the door you noticed it was raining and hard at that.

As to make things better, the store ran out of umbrellas. Apparently, there was going to be a storm neither you nor Xiao knew. 

You both stayed in front of the store trying to see if the rain will stop, welp it did not.

Sighing you held your phone near your chest and held Xiao's hand, " What're you doing? " he asked trying to convince himself you weren't gonna do what he thought you were gonna do. Locking hands with him, you pulled him into the rain.

" WHAT THE HELL Y/N!?" he shouted clearly unprepared. You both started to run in the road, just the two of you. You glanced behind you seeing his hair down, causing your cheeks to heat up.

 " we're already wet might as well have fun! " You shouted at him with the rain being loud.

He groaned loudly before laughing. " God how the fuck did I become friends with you?! " he shouted. 'and how the hell did I manage to fall for a crazy person like you' he thought laughing as you both ran in the rain.

Stopping in the middle of the road, he spun you around. Both of you laughing, not caring is anyone were too see you. " can I go where you go~ " you sang to him, laughing as you both danced around like little kids.

" can we always be this close? Forever and ever~ " he sang back. You looked at him mouth wide open, "You listen to Taylor?! And you didn't bother telling me!? " you said back at him hitting him lightly.

 " I saw it in your playlist and decided to listen to it! " he said laughing as his right hand held your hand, and his left resting your waist swaying you.

" you're my, my, my, my, lover~ " you sang back laughing. You knew your phone was already soaked in the paper bag, but you didn't care. " We could let our friends crash at the living room, this is our place, we make the call~ " he sang back spinning you as you both giggled like kids.

" and I'm highly suspicious everyone who sees you wants you~ " Both of you grinned at each other. "you know, I'm kinda relating to those lyrics " Xiao said looking at you. You bursted out laughing, not wanting to let go.

" I've loved you three summers now, honey, I want 'em all " he sang back. " see I'm kinda relating to that lyrics " you said back as your cheeks tinted red. Was it bad that you wished to spend every moment left in your life with him?

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Lover

Was it bad you only realized you liked him back now? Yeah it was, you were pretty obliviously dumb on that.

Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?
With every guitar string scar on my hand
I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover

As you both danced in the rain, laughing like you both knew each other from the very start. You didn't want it to end.

My heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
All's well that ends well to end up with you
Swear to be overdramatic and true to my lover
And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me
And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover

He's only known you for a short amount of time, so why does it feel like he's known you forever?

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home (forever and ever)
You're my, my, my, my
Oh, you're my, my, my, my
Darling, you're my, my, my, my
Lover

Just two teens dancing in the rain, forgetting everything and everyone. Was it just puppy love? Is it just a crush? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. Let's just say both of them we're contented to stay in each other's company at that moment, and maybe forever.

" here's to almost dying " you said laughing as Xiao twirled you around.