Chapter Twelve

» [Falling for you – Peachy!] «

      0:28 ─〇───── 2:04

            ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

" Pstt Xiao " she called him, poking him the cheek annoying him further. Xiao gave a long sigh before looking up from his book. " I'm bored " she said, " solve the problem that I gave you " he said pointing his pen to her book. " it's already done, " she answered back leaning on her hand.

Then an idea lit up in y/n's mind. As she quickly stood up she pulled the boy with her dragging him to the kitchen. " what are we doing? " Xiao asked the girl, who was clearly busy pulling out ingredients out of the kitchen cabinets.

" we're baking cookies! " she said with a wide smile. Xiao only sat on one of the stools on the counter, not bothering reasoning with her that they should be studying knowing she won't bother listening. 

" Do you even know how to bake cookies? " he asked looking at her putting the ingredients in the bowl. " yep, I learned when I was a kid " she said occupied with measuring the ingredients.

 " who taught you?" the girl seemed to think if she was going to answer or not, until she finally spoke up. " I taught myself when I was young " she said cracking a few eggs in the bowl.

'guess she's a self-learner' Xiao thought leaning on his hands, watching her intently. " Xiao come here, I need you to mix this. " she said pointing to the bowl next to her. The boy nodded walking over to her, as a few minutes passed by of Xiao mixing and y/n pre-heating the oven, only silence was heard from them, a peaceful one.

A small smirk came over Y/n's face as she saw the bag of flour near her. She took some in her fingers before flicking it on Xiao. " y/n! " Xiao said glaring at the girl, who was not listening laughing at the boy. 

Xiao shook his head at her...before seeing the extra eggs next to him. He smirked to himself, walking over to the girl and cracking the egg on her forehead, watching it drip down her face.

" oh, you little fuck! Its on! " the girl said running over the bag of flour and getting a handful of it throwing it on Xiao. " wait y/n no! " Too late. Xiao closed his eyes as he coughed out the flour.

 As he looked at the girl who was clutching her stomach laughing. He took two eggs holding it on one hand about to crack it on her head, " w-wait! Xiao I learned my lesson, put the eggs down lets talk about this! " The girl tried to talk him out of it laughing holding her hands infront of her.

Too bad Xiao couldn't care less. He took the eggs cracking it on her head again, before taking the flour bag next to her and pouring it on her. As the two finished throwing food on each other they both bursted out how each other looked. " you look like shit! " the girl said pointing at Xiao and laughing.

" I look terrible?! you should get a mirror! " he said laughing along with the girl. " shit we should put the cookies in the oven " the girl said getting the tray and putting it in the pre-heated oven. 

" I think we should clean up " Xiao said looking around them. The girl nodded brushing off the bits of flour in her hair. " wait Xiao come here " she called out looking at the boy.

 Xiao walked forward wondering why she called him. As Xiao stood infront of her she gently patted down the boy's hair getting rid of the extra flour in his hair. As y/n did that a clear familiar red tinted Xiao's cheeks.

" I'll clean up here, you go take a shower " Xiao said looking at the girl who was trying to shake the flour of her hair. " you sure- " she was quickly cut off by Xiao pushing her out of the kitchen. 

" thank you! " she said with a smile. " oh by the way, I have some extra clothes here, you can take a shower after me " she said before closing the door.

'wait what?'

As a few minutes passed by,( the kitchen still being a giant mess) y/n left her bathroom and changed into her clothes. As she rummaged through her closet she finally found the box she was looking for. 

She opened it and saw men's clothing, she smiled at the memory of her stealing it for the sake of just wanting to see if she would get caught or not. She left the clothes on the bed in the extra bedroom for Xiao. 

As she walked towards the kitchen she peaked at the edge of the door, she covered her mouth with her hand giggling like a child. As she peaked through the door she saw Xiao stubbing his toe on the edge of the counter. His face contorted to pain and glared at the counter as if he's ready to call someone to destroy it.

" you alright? " she asked walking towards him trying not to laugh. As she looked around she saw the floor and the kitchen cabinets spotless, and the dishes all set in the dish washer. She looked over at Xiao mouth wide open, " holy shit, my kitchen looks cleaner than when I first bought the house " she said looking at Xiao.

" thank you! Im sorry I left you to clean it all alone though " she said looking at him with a frown. Xiao only shook his head, chuckling. " no need really, all that's left is taking the cookies out the oven, " she nodded crouching down smelling the delicious smell of the sweet treat. " you can go take a shower now, I left some clothes on the bed " Xiao nodded walking to the bedroom the girl pointed at.

'why is he so cute and helpful?!'