Chapter Twenty Three

» [Love Back – Why Don't We] «

        1:25 ─〇─────3:05

              ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

As the two of you went back you saw the living room empty, guess everyone went to their rooms to sleep. 

The first thing you did was turn on your phone, trying to see if it was still alive. Running to an outlet and pulling out your charger you turned on your phone.

Xiao shook his head at you, your first priority was not to take a shower and change but to open your phone. Sighing he took a clean towel from the closet and set it down your hair. 

You looked at him from your phone, " take a shower or you're gonna get sick " he said pulling you away from your phone and pushing you to your room.

" what about you? " you asked him, " I'll take a shower after you " he said shooing you away. Closing your bedroom door he waited outside leaning on it for a bit.

 As his mind wandered to when you both just danced in the rain, he smiled to himself. Oh how whipped he was for you.

But in his mind he knew he had no chance with you. I mean you're smart, pretty, fun to be around with, did he say you're pretty already? He'll always protect you. 

'its fine if I never get to be with her, as long as she's happy. And considering the amount of times she got into shit I'll be there to protect her' that was his exact thoughts.

Sighing from exhaustion, he told himself he was just gonna close his eyes for a moment. Even though he was still soaking wet, as long as you didn't get sick it was fine. 

As soon as his eyelids closed your door opened, making him fall down on the floor.

Staring at him you shook your head. " Go take a shower or you'll get sick. " you said sternly. He nodded fastly, not wanting to see what happens when you get mad.

 As 15 minutes passed by of you scrolling through your phone the bathroom door opened.

You glanced at him from your phone your cheeks heating up. 'He looks good with his hair down' you thought as you did earlier in the rain. Xiao looked at you with a puzzled expression, before falling beside you in the bed. 

" so you think my hair down suits me better?" he whispered in your ear sending shivers through your body.

Sitting up and getting a pillow beside you, you threw it at him harshly, cheeks burning red. He laughed at your red face thinking it as payback for all the moments you made him flustered. " I'll sleep on the couch" he said standing up from your bed and walking over to the door.

You hurriedly stood over the door blocking it, " or you could just sleep next to me " you said enthusiastically. He shook his head not wanting to invade your privacy. 

" come on please! If you don't I'll just stay up all night and just watch on my phone " you said smirking at him.

He narrowed his eyes at you, knowing where you're going with this. Sighing he nodded,

" fine, only if its fine with you though " you rolled your eyes at him. 

" I'm the one inviting you chill " you said chuckling before falling backwards in the bed.

" it's already late, go to sleep already " he said sitting at the edge of your bed still not sure of this. Even though he slept in your bed before, he still didn't want to invade your space, and you were both tipsy and drunk before.

" Xiao I won't eat you, you can lay beside me " you said glancing at him. still not moving you pulled him down, making both of your faces inches apart. A

Xiao went back from his spacing out he became red at how close contact the two of you were.

Laughing at him you pulled the blanket over you two and closed your eyes. " Go to sleep or else you'll be tired tomorrow~ " you teased. As moments of silence passed by, he could only look at your peaceful sleeping form, hoping I'll always be like this.

" just how will I confess to your oblivious ass" he thought smiling as he held you tightly in his arms.