Chapter Twenty Five

» [Tears Over Beers – Modern Baseball] «

             1:30 ─〇───── 2:48

                  ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

" You alright? " Xiao asked softly as he ran his fingers through your hand in a comforting manner. Nodding you got your bag and started heading down the staircase to leave the school, getting the signal that you didn't want to talk he followed you silently.

" Mr. Ragnvindr wanted to tell you congratulations, but he couldn't find you. Also he said he wanted me to continue to tutor you on math. " you nodded not wanting to talk. 

Sighing Xiao took your hand and started pulling you somewhere. " where are we going? " you asked, no answer. 

Letting him drag you to whatever place he was taking you, you couldn't help but remember the words your father said. 

You're gonna make sure this won't happen again, aside from wanting to be second, you don't wanna leave this place, and most importantly you don't want any of your friends hurt. You won't admit it but you're happy here. 

Letting your thoughts control you and letting your body go on autopilot, Xiao snapped you out of your thoughts by flicking your forehead. " Ouch! What did I do!? " you said looking at him with a glare.

" pick a flavor " he said, " pick a what? " you said confused. He pointed in front of you, your eyes widen in realization. You were in front of an ice cream truck. 

Picking the flavor you wanted you told Xiao. A few minutes later you both guys got the ice creams you wanted.

Pulling Xiao to a nearby bench, you happily ate the sweet treat. Xiao glanced at you with a small smile, atleast this will somehow distract you from whatever you were so busy thinking about.

" Holy shit, this is so Good " you said happily. " Thanks Xiao " you said facing him, a grateful smile on your face. You knew what he was doing, he was distracting you. And you're thankful for that. 

" come on I still gotta teach you " he said standing up. 

" do we really have to study " you said whining. " we don't have too its fine, its just a shame if I still get first place next semester " he said teasingly with a smirk on his face. Narrowing your eyes at him you stood up and started running.

" First one there is the real first place winner! " you said laughing. Xiao stood up and started gaining on you. "shitshitshit!!" you muttered as he was close to catching up to you. 

As soon as you were really close to the gate of your house, Xiao catching up to you.
" Dammit Xiao! why do you have to be so fast! " you said.

As soon as he was behind you, Xiao had an idea. With a smirk on his face he tackled you to the ground. 

A loud thud was heard around that area, " You know its dangerous to run around, you might hurt someone~ " he said looking down at your figure.

" I was so close to winning, you just wanted to stop me " you said panting.

 " Come let's go inside " he said offering a hand to you. As you stayed on the concrete like a statue, Xiao sighed picking you up. "I hate you " you muttered your head on his chest, clearly still bitter about not winning.

Holy shit, he's making you so whipped for him.