Chapter Four

» [Toothbrush - DNCE] «

    0:05 ─〇───── 3:51

         ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

(A/N: ill make xiao's last name Alatus cuz he doesn't have a last name according to the Lore)

As the two walked towards the office of Diluc Ragnvindr, or as Y/n likes to call him, 'Mr. super-hot red haired teacher' she stayed calm. Meanwhile Xiao felt nervous, he didn't know why but for some reason he knew he wasn't going to like this.

As the two walked in they sat in the two chairs infront of the desk of their math teacher.

Xiao sat properly while y/n...eh. She sat one of her knees up as she leaned on it. You could say she kinda sat like someone in a gang about to beat someone up. And to add her intimidating stare...you could say Xiao was kinda scared of her, ofcourse he won't admit that.

" So, what do you need Mr. Ragnvindr. "

" well this is mostly about you Ms. L/n " Diluc said making eye contact with the girl.

" Oh? What's this about And why is he involved? " she asked Side eyeing Xiao. Xiao looked at the girl before looking back at his teacher. Diluc pulled out a thick folder and opened it.

 " ever since first grade Ms. L/n you've had perfect grades, " Diluc said pointing at the perfect grades of the girl.

Xiao looked at the folder hoping he could understand what he meant by 'perfect grades' he looked at the folder and saw all A's in her reports cards but... aw shit. Diluc continued.

 " Perfect grades But one subject, and that subject is Math. " Diluc said giving her a closed eyed smile knowing exactly she won't like what will come out of his mouth.

" And as your teacher im very worried about you so...im assigning you to a tutor. " he said still keeping his smile. She looked at him smiling but gritting her teeth in anger. 

" Mr. Ragnvindr assure you I don't need a tutor. " she said giving back the same closed eyed smile to him clearly strangling him in her head.

" too bad. That's where Mr. Alatus will come in " Diluc said looking at the boy. Xiao raised his eyebrows at his teacher then looked at Y/n.

" wouldn't it be better for Xiao to teach you y/n? assuming from what I saw this morning, you guys look close. Plus wouldn't it be better for your friend to teach you then just me to assign a random stranger to teach you? " Diluc said looking back and forth at the two.

Xiao seemed to think about it, making the girl turn her head towards him fastly.

" Xiao." The girl called out to him. Now Xiao won't admit it but he was nervous, he was nervous if the girl would be mad at him or not. 'why do I care about her opinion so much?' he asked himself.

" Xiao, Don't accept it. Mr. Ragnvindr I don't need tutoring! " she shouted at him standing up clearly furious. Truth be told she isn't mad about something as petty as this, in fact she knew this would help her. But in light of the truth she was scared, scared it would come back. That 'feeling'

She looked at Xiao pleadingly clearly begging him not to accept. Xiao looked to the side before sighing, "sorry y/n " he said not making eye contact with her. 

He looked at Diluc nodding at him accepting his request. " well, its decided. You start this Monday Xiao " Diluc said.

Y/n stood up barging out of the room closing the door really hard making a few small cracks. The two looked at the door shocked, the poor door.

Now, to Xiao and his side of the story. When he saw the girls report card he was shocked he almost let out a small smile, almost like a proud mother would to their child if they got good grades. But when he saw the clearly not good grades of the girl in that certain subject he was good at, he wanted to help her.

But as Xiao looked in her eyes, that pleading look he knew it just wasn't her pride stopping her. it was clearly something else, and he was going to figure out what it was. 

And he furthered agreed to the offer when their teacher said something about assigning other random people to teach her, something inside him snapped.

He shook his head slinging his bag back to his shoulder about to get out until he was called yet again by his teacher. He looked at him to see him pointing to the seat where y/n sat, she left her bag. She must have forgot it when she was too mad to even stay there.

" Bring it back to her and go home " Diluc said signing paper work again. He gave a long sigh. 'second day and im about to give up already' he thought walking around the school starting to find the girl.

An hour later...

The boy groaned, he walked around the whole school and he still didn't find the girl. 'where the hell even is she?!' he thought exhausted. He walked to the roof thinking about getting fresh air. 

As he opened the door...he saw no one. " why the hell did I even do that? " he said putting his head in his palms stressed.

" I'm an idiot " he said sitting down leaning on the railing and closing his eyes, relaxing at the peace which was usually luxury for him. " I agree you're an idiot" a voice said next to him. Snapping his eyes open he saw the girl he was trying to find for the last hour.

" where the hell have you been?" he asked her standing up and folding his arms clearly mad. 

" why are you mad at me you're the one that fucked up" she said rolling her eyes. As he was about to make another remark he shut his mouth up. " you're right I fucked up...but I don't regret it" he said crouching down at her looking her straight in the eyes, faces inches apart.

As the boy looked into her eyes a familiar thought repeated over and over in his head.

She's really pretty

" what? "

Fuck...did he say that aloud?!