Chapter Fourteen

» [LOVE IS (NOT) EASY – Chase Atlantic] «

              0:48 ─〇───── 3:08

                   ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Midterms. If you look around you when its midterms, all you'll see are zombies. Students walking around as if their brain had rotted. That's what you'll currently see now.

As y/n walked around school tiredly brain not working, as it short circuited last night. The previous week her and Xiao basically uhhh pushed themselves to their death. As Xiao was pressured to be top in the boards, it was triple for the girl.

First of all she had one goal, get the first place. Which belonged to Yanfei. And next to her closely following the boy who was currently teaching her, Xiao. Now she was determined to not only surpass Xiao but make sure she gets the first place.

As her principals stated, 'if I'm gonna be a delinquent im gonna be a smart one.' And second of all she may or may not want to make Xiao proud, but ofcourse she also won't say that so her ego won't shatter. And lastly, her family. She cannot fail this, or she may go back.

As she entered the classroom she instantly saw the separate one desk chairs. She looked around nervously, she won't fail this she just can't or her stupid brain will just keep repeating how worthless she is. As she looked at the clock she was an hour early, a relief sigh escaped her lips.

She looked around the room and walked over to Xiao. as she dragged her chair next to him the boy looked at her, clearly seeing the dark eye bags the girl has. " goodmorning " she said tiredly clearly having no energy left.

" wanna sleep? " Xiao asked worriedly. the girl shook her head no pointing to the books she was quickly reviewing. " quick review, then you're sleeping " he said sternly skimming through the book for some questions he can ask the girl.

" when did you become my mother? " she said whining. " how can you take the exams if your brain is dead? " Xiao said rolling his eyes. " ok ok I'll start, " Xiao said, the girl nodded lazily. As minutes passed by the two for the last 30 questions Xiao asked, all of it had been answered correctly.

" I asked you the hardest questions in the exam, and you perfected all of it, even the math ones " he said giving her a small smile. " there's still 30 minutes, and you're gonna sleep. " he said sternly, a nod came from the girl. Xiao pushed her chair next to him as she leaned on his shoulder.

30 minutes later.

Are you ready to start? Ok then! Ready, get set, GO!

The girl looked at her first paper she sighed in relief. The subject English was easy for her considering she took lessons to learn it when she was a child. As she wrote her name, her hand writing messy clearly not giving a shit.

An hour later...

As she leaned in her chair looking around her she saw many students finished, including Xiao, Kazuha, Aether, Scaramouche and Venti ( who was a little tipsy ). As she looked around again certain bright amber eyes stared at her.

Xiao observed the girl, who was pretty chill, so he took this as a sign that this was a pretty easy test for her. As time went up, the students passed their tests, some panicking and some looking as if they had no trouble at all.

Alright next one!

'History' she smiled widely, she didn't even have to effort in this subject, thus why it's her favorite. She as 15 minutes passed by she flipped her paper, she flipped her paper upside down showing she was finished.

One more, and onto day two

'science' as much as the girl did not like this subject, cause of the need to solve she liked it better than that cursed subject.

As the day finished she took her bag, slinging it over her shoulder. " y/n! " A voice called out to her, she looked behind her and saw Venti with the others. She walked over to them, a small smile showing in her face. " what's up? " she asked looking up at the boy.

" well, we're having a sleep over, wanna come? " he said enthusiastically. " wow...with me being the only girl? damm " she said smirking at them. Venti's mouth went dry, as Scaramouche laughed at the bard's reaction.

" I'm kidding, and sure I'll go which house is it? " she asked pulling out her phone and headphones. The group looked at each other, face realizing they forgot which house they'll do it at. " you guys plan a sleep over and don't know who we're gonna sleep over at?! " the girl said laughing.

" well I can't at my house...my parents are there " Aether said nodding, as the others agreed that their house will be busy. " you know we can do it at my house? " the girl offered, Xiao perked up at what she said, was she really just gonna invite them just like that?

" really?! " Venti said sparkles in his eyes. " yeah, I live alone plus I have 3 extra bedrooms, altho one of you can stay with me in my room " the girl said scrolling through her phone, therefore she didn't quite notice the look Venti, Kaz, and Aether were giving each other.

Xiao eyed them suspiciously, but didn't mind it.

Little did they know their relationship will get pushed a little bit- ok who am I kidding? They're gonna push the two together so hard it'll be marriage instantly.