008.

—chapter eight | Victory of the Daleks IV

— DALEK SHIP • SPACE —

—THE TARDIS materialised inside the Dalek ship making the Dalek's turn around at the noise. The Doctor pointed at Eve. "You stay here!" Eve didn't have time to protest as The Doctor went walking out. Eve went up to the screen, watching from inside. The Doctor clapped his hands together while Eve looked at the Daleks. Very shiny, yet very broken. "How about that cuppa now, then?"

"IT IS THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE!" The Doctor reached in his pocket.. pulling out a Jammie Dodger.

"Wait, wait, wait, I wouldn't if I were you! TARDIS self-destruct. And you know what that means. My ship goes, you all go with it." He held the Jammie Dodger out. Eve was giving him a weird look under her mask. She was convinced this wasn't going to work.

"YOU WOULD NOT USE SUCH A DEVICE."

"Try me." A Dalek came rolling closer only for the Doctor to use the Jammie Dodger.. as a defence. "Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah. No scans! No nothing! One move and I'll destroy us all, you got that? TARDIS bang-bang, Daleks boom!" Eve smiled at that and the Dalek went back to it's position. "Good boy."

"This ship's pretty beaten up - running on empty, I'd say, like you." The Doctor walked around. Eve watching closely. "When we last met, you were at the end of your rope. Finished."

"ONE SHIP SURVIVED."

"And you fell back through time, yes? Crippled? Dying?" He said.

"WE PICKED UP A TRACE. ONE OF THE PROGENITOR DEVICES."

"Progenitor? What's that when it's at home?" Eve tilted her head watching the Dalek's as they spoke.

"IT IS OUR PAST. AND OUR FUTURE." Eve looked at the screen then at the door before she dashed towards it.

"That— that is deep." Eve chuckled, crossing her arms as she came walking out of the TARDIS. "Very, very deep. And, from what I've heard, deep for a Dalek. But... what exactly does it mean?"

"COMPANION OF THE DOCTOR? IDENTIFY! IDENTIFY!" The Daleks turned to her ready to aim and fire. She paused, glancing between them all as she slowly reached up.. taking off her mask. She held up her hands in defence as her hair fell down. The Doctor watched her curiously.

"Eve Parker, okay? Now, talk!" The Dalek's did not respond making Eve roll her eyes, shooting a glare at them as her eyes almost glowed with electricity. The Doctor looked at her with slight shock as she turned to him. He knew that face. Where did he know that face?

"IT CONTAINS PURE DALEK DNA, THOUSANDS WERE CREATED, ALL WERE LOST, SAVE ONE."

"All right, no need to Yell." Eve muttered to herself as the Doctor spoke.

"Okay, but there's still one thing I don't get, though - if you've for the Progenitor, why build Bracewell?" The Doctor asked. Eve looked back to the Daleks, putting her hands by her sides.

"IT WAS... NECESSARY." The "war" Dalek told the Doctor.

"But why?" The Daleks did not respond. Eve looked confused and the Doctor smiled. "I get it. Oh, I get it! I get it. Oh, ho, this is rich! The progenitor wouldn't recognise you, would it? It saw you as impure, the DNA is unrecognisable as Dalek."