047

Chapter Forty-seven | Five Years Later...

IT HAD BEEN FIVE YEARS SINCE EVE SAW PETER OR AUNT MAY. She missed them. She had kept in contact with the Team, of course, but she was working in a Cafe. She wasn't paid that much but it was something. She was twenty-seven now. She hadn't been on a date in those five years. No boyfriend or girlfriend either. She had been alone but she did have the remaining Avengers. 

Entering the room, Eve noticed she was interrupting what looked like a meeting. "Oh, shit, am I interrupting?" She asked making Natasha look over at her with a shaking head. Nat waved the woman over to join.

"Do we have a visual? How are we handling it?" 

"Nat. It's an earthquake under the ocean. We handle it by not handling it." Okoye told the woman.

Nat nodded before looking at the hologram of Carol. "Carol, are we seeing you here next month?"

"Not likely."

"What? You gonna get another haircut?" Rocket asked.

"Listen, fur face." Carol turned to look at Rocket. "I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere. On thousands of planets."

"All right, all right. That's a good point." Rocket nodded.

"So, you might not see me for a long time." Carol looked back towards the two women.

"All right, uh, well... This channel's always active. So, if anything goes sideways... anyone's making trouble where they shouldn't... comes through me." Natasha said making everyone nod before they all disappeared except for Rhodes. She sat down with a sigh while Eve sent a short wave to Rhodes before exiting the room and heading off to the room she had in the compound.

 Collapsing on her bed, Eve sighed while holding the fob watch she had found five years ago. It couldn't open like it was stuck together. There was a voice. 'Soon.' It repeated over and over every time she tried to open it.

"Why won't you open?" She muttered. She hadn't tried to open it that day knowing it would be the same. She shook her head before sitting up and trying to open it once more. Still nothing.

"Eve?" Steve knocked on the door before opening it when Eve said to enter. "There's someone here. His name's Scott, Come on." 

_

Eve watched as the guy walked back and forward, muttering to himself. This was Scott Lang. He was Ant-Man and somehow he came back. He was one of the vanished. "Scott?" Steve called making the guy look over at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Scott closed his eyes for a minute, covering them with his hands. "Have any of you guys ever studied quantum physics?"

"Only to make conversation." Natasha told him.

"All right, so... five years ago, right before... Thanos... I was in a place called the quantum realm. The quantum realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small." Scott explained. "Hope. She's my, um... she was my... She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos happened... and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry, that must have been a very long five years."

"Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours. See, the rules of the quantum realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich?" Scott asked as he spotted the sandwich on the table. "I'm starving."