089

Chapter eighty-nine | A Good Man Goes To War

"A CHILD IS NOT A WEAPON!" The Doctor screamed at Madame Kovarian. She had no reaction. She simply stared back at him.

"Oh, give us time. She can be. She will be." The woman explained.

"Except you've already lost her, and I swear I will never let you anywhere near her again."

"Oh, Doctor. Fooling you once was a joy, but fooling you twice the same way?" Madame Kovarian spat at him. "It's a privilege."

The Doctor looked at the woman for a moment before a sense of realisation hit. "Amy. Amy." He rushed out, heading to find Amy and the group.

——-
The fight was on as the Doctor ran. Madame Kovarian appeared through a hatch behind Amy, watching as she held her crying baby. "Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise, when a good man goes to war." River's voice echoed in the Doctor's mind.

Eve fought as hard as she could. Shooting and electrifying as many of them as she could. The others fought the same, but with their own strengths.

"Amy!" The Doctor yelled as he ran.

"Demons run but count the cost. The battle's won, but the child is lost."

"Amy!" She shouted once again.

"Wakey, wakey." Madame Kovarian smiled as she was he'd through the hatch.

"Amy!" The Doctor yelled once again as he reached the door... but he was too late. Amy let out a gasp when her child suddenly melted into a pile of flesh, going splat in her arms.

"Rory?" She let out a panicky cry as she slowly took the "flesh" covered blanket away from her clothes. "Rory! Rory!" She screamed as she looked down a the blanket.

The Doctor was behind a locked door. "Amy, she's not real! Melody, she's a Flesh avatar. Amy!" The Doctor ran in. Everything was quiet. Eve crouched down on the floor, carefully looking at Strax's wounds. "Amy! Amy."

"Yeah, we know." Rory looked at him with no emotion. The Monks were dead, but Strax was wounded.

"It's strange. I have often dreamed of dying in combat. I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped." Strax

"Hey, woah." Eve looked at him. "Strax, don't give up."

"It's all right. I've had a good life. I'm nearly twelve." Strax smiled.

"Listen to me. You'll be back on your feet in no time. You're a warrior." Rory came over, crouching beside them.

"Rory, I'm a nurse." Strax corrected before letting out a painful cough.

The Doctor slowly walked over to where Jenny was comforting Amy. "So they took her anyway. All this was for nothing." Amy spoke sadly.

"I am so sorry." He apologised he went to hug her after she stood but she stepped back.

"Amy, it's not his fault." Jenny reminded.

"I know. I know." She began to cry, walking away. Rory followed.

"Doctor, there's someone who wants to speak to you. Her name is Lorna. She came to warn us." Vastra walked over telling the man. Lorna was dying, leaning against a staircase. He walked over, scanning her.

"Hey. Hello." He greeted as she opened her eyes.

"Doctor." She smiled.

"You helped my friends. Thank you." He thanked.