027

—chapter twenty-seven | Cold Blood.

—AMY WOKE UP. She wasn't in the glass case anymore, she was strapped to some sort of thing, like a test subject. "Don't struggle." A man told her from beside her as she tried to get free. "Close your eyes and don't struggle."

"What? Where am I?" She asked him. "Why can't I move."

"Decontamination, they call it. They did it to me. While I was conscious."

"Okay, you're freaking me out now. Did what? Who did?" Amy asked the man. 

"Dissected me." He looked down at the long scar running down his chest. Amy shook her head with wide eyes.

"No." Amy looked around. "Wait, where's Eve? The Doctor will kill me if she's dead!" 

"The brunette?" The man asked before he heard footsteps. Eve was still knocked out. "He's coming. I'm sorry. I wish I could help you." A man started walking over, a mask covering his mouth and nose with something in his hand. Amy began to struggle as she tried to get free.

Amy stared at the strange man standing in front of her. He was holding something sharp in his hand.  "Don't you come near me with that!"

The man moved his mask down and pressed a button. "From the clothing, the human female appears to be more resistant to the cold than the male."

"I dressed for Rio!" Amy told him before she began to struggle.

"Leave her alone! You got me!" The man yelled, he was Elliot's dad, Mo. The man with the mask pressed a button causing the things on Amy's wrist to tighten.

"Decontamination complete." The man said. "Commencing dissection." He was about to dissect Amy when a voice echoed.

"Area 17 incursion, species diagnostic requested." it repeated the same thing, the strange man turned away from Amy and ran toward Area 17. 

"Yeah! And stay out!" She shouted.

___

Eve was in pain. Something was going through her veins and she knew electricity, this was much more painful. She was screaming with pain. This strange man said it was 'Decontamination', Eve shouted that it was torture.

"Stop it, please! I beg you!" Eve screamed. "I never beg, so shut it off!" 

"The human girl seems to scream... Hm... It's just neutralizing all your ape bacteria! Not to worry." 

"Then why does it burn like fire?!" Eve shouted.

The man looked at the scan before quickly shutting it off. "Ah. Not Ape."

"Oh, thank god." Eve sighed as she tried to catch her breath. "Wait, I shouldn't be offended but, not ape?! What the hell are you saying?! I mean, maybe it's the whole spider thing... Is it a spider thing?"

"Spider? No, no." The man shook his head.

"Huh. Wait, where am I? Where's the Doctor?!" As she said that, the Doctor and Nasreen came in.. knocked out. "What the hell did you do to them?!"

"Oh, intruders." The man just said and started doing the same thing he did to Eve except the Doctor began to scream too. 

"It's all right. It won't harm you. I'm only neutralizing all your ape bacteria."

"I'm not an ape! Look at the scans! Two hearts! Totally different! Totally not Ape!" The Doctor shouted as Eve stood catching her breath, her body aching. "Remove all human germs, you remove half the things keeping me alive." The man turned it off causing the Doctor to smile. 

"No, complete the process." A woman, who had come in with the Doctor and Nasreen commanded.

"Oh, that's much better, thanks! Not got any celery, have you? No, no, not really the climate, tomatoes, though, you'd do a roaring trade in those." The Doctor rambled. "I'm the Doctor, oh, and there's Nasreen, good!"

Nasreen opened her eyes to see the man in front of her. "Oh, a green man."

"And," The Doctor turned to his right to see the in pain Eve. "What happened? Eve!"

"Oh," She looked at him with a tired smile. "Hiya."

"What did they do to you?" He asked with slight anger in his voice. "What did you do to her?"

"Oh, you know, neutralizing all my ape bacteria." Eve told him before waving him off. "I'm fine, didn't hurt a smidge." The Doctor looked at her. "It hurt, a lot." She laughed.

"But- but you're human, it shouldn't hurt you." Eve shrugged.

"Could be the spider thing-y." Eve told him. "Maybe the electric thing? Maybe both."

"Either way, Eve, you're still human." 

"I," Eve winced as she turned her head to look at the Doctor. "Am fine. Now, ask the pretty lady her name. You know what, I'll do it." Eve turned to the lady who stood in front of the Doctor. "I'm Eve, He's the Doctor, who are you?"

"Restac. Military commander."

"Oh, dear, really?" The Doctor sighed. "There's always a military, isn't there?"

The man who was in front of Nasreen spoke. "Your weapon was attacking the oxygen pockets above our city."

"Oxygen pockets! Lovely!Oooh, but not so good with an impending drill! Now it makes sense!" Restac walked towards the Doctor.

"Where is the rest of your invasion force?"

"Invasion force? Doctor!" Eve looked at him with an angry look.

"No, no, no! Not invading. Me and lovely Nasreen? No! We came for the..." He glanced at Eve. "humans you took. And... to offer the safe return of Alaya. Oh, wait, you and she, what is it, same genetic source? Of course you're worried, but don't be, she's safe."

"You claim to come in peace, but you hold one of us hostage." Restac began to walk away.

"Wait, wait, we all want the same thing here."

"I don't negotiate with apes. I'm going to send a clear message to those on the surface." Restac told the scientist man.

"What's that?" The Doctor called.

"Your execution." Eve looked at both sides of her to see what she thought were guards.

"Ah," Eve muttered. "So, we are going to die. How lovely."

__