052

Chapter Fifty-two | remember.

—THEY HAD RETURNED. Eve had a massive fucking headache. For some reason, Cap and Tony were in different clothes than when they last saw them. "Did we get 'em all?" Bruce asked as the suits all disappeared and revealed their normal clothes or superhero suits they wore underneath.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?" Rhodes smiled making Eve smile. She turned to look for Natasha but she wasn't there. Clint fell to his knees.

"Where's Nat?" She asked. He didn't respond. Eve looked at him, her smile falling off her face. "Clint, where's Nat?" Clint looked up at her with tears in his eyes. "No." She shook her head in denial. "No, no, no." There was silence. Eve nodded with tears in her eyes before hugging the man who kneeled on the floor.

_

Eve was in her room while the others were all outside. She was too upset. The headache had gotten worse but she couldn't tell if it was the crying or the "flashbacks". Another hit her mind but she didn't dare move her head from her knees. "Oh, Nat..." she muttered.

"Soon..." The voice muttered even though Eve hadn't touched the fob watch. "Soon." It repeated.

"I get it!" Eve shouted, picking up the fob watch before throwing it to the end of her bed. " I get it, okay? Soon. I get it, something is soon. Is soon when I get my brother back?! Soon when I get Aunt May back?! Soon when-?!"

"Now."

She slowly looked up at the fob watch which was sitting open at the end of her bed. Her eyes widened as she moved her legs to be crossed.

"What the fuck?" She muttered with a tear-stained face. "If it just took throwing it, I would've done that earlier. I should've done that earlier. 5 years earlier even." The brunette reached forward, her fingertips brushed the fob watch when her mind switched on.

Things she didn't think could exist started flooding her mind. Her head was in pain, it felt like it was exploding. Expanding. She felt blood rushing through her veins as a sharp pain burst through her chest. "Holy fuck!" Eve shouted as she gripped the side of her desk while standing up.

Gallifrey.

Time-Lord.

The Doctor. A smile came to her face as she remembered all that time with the Doctor, Amy Pond, and Rory Williams. That smile slowly fell as her senses went off but before she could do anything, there was a loud crash and Eve went flying to the ground. Well, a couple of floors down as the whole building went crashing down. In a flash, Eve's suit appeared on her body as her body collided with the floor.

She got up with a cough, surrounded by rubble and smoke. "Hello?" She called around. "Is anybody there- Oh, shit." She looked up to see Thanos' ship flying above them. "That- Oh!" Eve paused for a second, placing a hand on the right side of her chest then the left.

Two hearts.

She had two hearts.

Eve's heartbeat...s got faster making her freak the fuck out. "Eve?" The voice of Tony shouted as he saw her creeping out of a hole in the ground. "Kid! There you are!" Tony and Cap rushed over as Eve came to a stand.

"Remember, not a kid anymore." Eve coughed as she looked around. "I'm twenty-seven, I'm almost thirty- God, I'm almost thirty!" She realized. "Anyway, what the fuck happened?"

"Bruce got everyone back." Cap told her.

"What?" a smile slowly appeared on her face. "Peter too?" He nodded. "I mean, also, Thanos is outside. I want to know about that." They shrugged making Eve sigh before noticing the God of Thunder standing, looking at the mess but more importantly, Thanos.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked.

Thor shook his head. "Absolutely nothing."

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked.

"Somewhere under all this." Tony told him. Eve looked around from where she stood. "All I know is he doesn't have 'em."

"So, we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor questioned. Eve, Tony, and Steve all nodded.

"Yeah." Tony said. He looked at them. "I don't much care."

"Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement." Thor held his hands out, Stormbreaker and Mjölnir going to his hands as well as his suit. "Let's kill him properly this time."

"Eve, go hide on the wall somewhere," Tony told her. "Let the adults do this." The three started walking off while Eve groaned.

"For the fiftieth time, I am twenty-seven!"

__