053

Chapter Fifty-three | War.

—EVE WATCHED FROM AFAR. Thanos was just sitting there while speaking to the three. "You could not live with your own failure." Thanos spoke from where he sat. "Where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life... the other half would thrive. But you've shown me... that's impossible. As long as there are those that remember what was... there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn." Tony nodded.

"I'm thankful." Thanos looked around. "Because now... I know what I must do." He stood. "I will shred this universe... down to its last atom. And then..." He took his helmet off his weapon and placed it on his head. "with the stones you've collected for me... create a new one... teeming with life, that knows not what it has lost... but only what it has been given." The three all got ready to attack him. "A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve informed.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them." Thor let out a yell as his eyes and weapons sparked with electricity. The three were all attacking when Eve looked around for the others. Nothing.

Eve watched in fear as Tony and Steve were sent to the ground. Thanos was using Stormbreaker to try and kill Thor, who was on the ground trying to push it back. She rushed over. She saw Steve looking at Mjölnir. "Go for it." She told him. "You're most likely worthy."

He nodded, picking it up and throwing it at Thanos, hitting him off Thor. Mjölnir came flying back to Steve's hand while Eve got ready to attack. Cap went at him after telling Eve to find the others. But when she was only a few meters away, she noticed Mjölnir had been sent flying.

She looked back.

Steve had been sent to the ground while Thanos stood. Cap's shield had gotten a large piece of it broken off. She looked at Mjölnir while Thanos was talking crap before somehow lifting it. She walked forward, lifting Cap by his collar with one hand before watching as Thanos' army appeared.

Eve heard a voice. It was Sam. He was calling for Cap while Eve turned around to see a familiar glow of Doctor Strange's portal. She watched as many other portals began to appear, different people, all walking out of them.

One, in particular, made her want to run over. Peter swung out of one alongside Doctor Strange, Quill, Drax, and Mantis. Eve looked at Cap with a smile before noticing Scott in his Ant-Man suit but very tall. Like building tall.

Eve turned to Cap, holding out Mjölnir to him. He nodded while taking it. "Avengers!" He shouted. "Assemble." They all rushed at Thanos' army with a yell, attacking anything they could.

Eve was sent flying to the ground by some massive creature, she started up her powers as it went to hit her but webs stopped it. It was dragged back and Scott stood on it. Peter went rushing forward as Eve stood up in shock. "Holy Cow! You will not believe what's been going on. Do you remember when we were in space? And I got all dusty? And I must've passed out, because I woke up and you were gone. But Doctor Strange was there, right? And he was like... 'It's been five years. Come on, they need us.'"

Eve's eyes began to get all teary as she listened to her brother's rambles. She walked towards him. "And then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing that he does all the time..." The brunette hugged him, not wanting to let go. "What are you doing? Oh. Oh, this is nice." They let go and Peter tapped on the helmet of Eve's. "Hey, you got your new suit!" She let down the helmet. "And you got old."

"Excuse me?!" Eve jokingly shouted.

"Not that old! You look fine! Perfect, even! You haven't aged a day." 

"I'm kidding, Peter." Eve muttered, hugging him again. Peter sighed with relief before humming in confusion.

"Do you have two heartbeats?"

"Yes. It's weird, I'll explain later." Eve told him as she let go of the hug and her mask went back on her face. "Now, come on, let's kill these guys."

__

Some short chapters, I know. But, hey! Peter is back!