013

—chapter thirteen | The Time of Angels

ALFAVA METRAXIS • CATACOMBS —

—"THERE WAS ONLY ONE ANGEL ON THE SHIP." River told the Doctor. "Just the one, I swear." Eve was going to go into full panic mode. She missed Peter, she wasn't ready to be killed by Weeping Angels.

"Could they have been here already?" Amy asked.

"The Aplans, how did they die out?" The Doctor asked as the looked around with his torch.

"Nobody knows." River told him.

"We know."

"They don't look like Angels." Octavian pointed out.

"And They're not fast. You said they were fast. They should have had us by now." Amy pointed out making Eve look around at all the not-so-angel angels.

"They're dying. Losing their form. They've been here for centuries, starving—" The Doctor told them.

"They're losing their image?" Eve finished.

"And their image is their power. Power. Power!" The Doctor stood up, clapping his hands together. "Don't you see? All that radiation spilling out, the drive burn. The crash wasn't an accident — it was a rescue mission, for the Angels. We're in the middle of an army and it's waking up."

"We need to get out of here fast." River said.

"Bob, Angelo, Christian, come in, please. Any of you, come in!" Octavian spoke into the radio.

"It's Bob, sir. Sorry, sir."

"Bob, are Angelo and Christian with you? All the statues are active. I repeat, all the statues are active!"

"I know, sir. Angelo and Christian are dead, sir. The statues killed them, sir." The Doctor stole the radio from a Octavian.

"Bob, Sacred Bob, it's me, the Doctor. Where are you now?" Octavian tried to talk but the Doctor shut him up. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, shut up!"

"I'm on my way up to you, sir, I'm homing on your signal."

"Ah, well done, Bob. Scared keeps you fast, told you, did I? Your friends, Bob, what did they Angel do to them?"

"Snapped their necks, sir."

"That's odd. That's not how Angels kill you, they displace you in time. Unless they needed the bodies for something." Octavian took back the Radio.

"Bob, did you check their data packs for vital signs? We may be able to initiate a rescue plan." The Doctor snatched back the Radio.

"Don't be an idiot! The Angels don't leave you alive! Bob, keep running, but tell me, how did you escape?" The Doctor asked into the radio.

"I didn't escape, sir. The Angel killed me, too." Amy and Eve shared a glance with River.

"What do you mean the Angel killed you?"

"Snapped my neck, sir. Wasn't as painless as I expected, but it was pretty quick, so that was something." Bob explained causing Eve to furrow her eyebrows.