011

Chapter Eleven | The Time of Angels

— ALFAVA METRAXIS • CRASH SITE —

—WEEPING ANGELS. That is what they were dealing with. Eve was walking along side The Doctor and Amy while River had disappeared somewhere. Father Octavian was walking ahead of them, explaining as he did so. "The Angel, as far as we know, is still trapped in the ship. Our mission is to get inside and neutralise it. We can't get through up top, we'd be too close to the drives. According to this, behind the cliff face, there's a network of catacombs leading right to the temple. We can blow through the base of the cliffs, get to the entrance chamber, then make our way up."

"Oh, good." The Doctor looked up.

"Good, sir?"

"Catacombs, probably dark ones. Dark catacombs, great!" The Doctor sighed as Eve looked around where they stood. It had gotten dark pretty quickly — due to the 11-hour days — and lights were set up everywhere. Soldiers all walking around.

"Technically, I think it's called a maze of the dead."

"You can stop any time you like."

"Father Octavian!" A man called causing him to walk off leaving the Doctor to Sonic the things on the table. Amy leaned on the table looking at the Doctor while Eve was looking at random things.

"You're letting people call you 'sir'. You never do that." The Doctor didn't respond, he only stole the thing out of Eve's hands having a look at it himself. Amy turned around and sat on the table. "So whatever a Weeping Angel is, it's really bad, yeah?"

"Now, that's interesting..." The Doctor muttered before looking at the two. "You're both still here. Which part of 'Wait in the Tardis till I tell you it's safe' was so confusing?"

"She dragged me along! I did nothing!" Eve held up her hands in surrender making Amy glare at her for cracking so quickly. The Doctor nodded in understanding at Eve before turning to Amy.

"Ooh, are you all Mr Grumpy face today?" Amy smiled at him.

"A Weeping Angel, Eve, Amy, is the deadliest, most powerful, most malevolent life form evolution has ever produced, and one is trapped inside that wreckage and I'm supposed to climb in with a screwdriver and a torch, and assuming I survive the radiation, and the whole ship doesn't blow up in my face, do something clever which I haven't thought of yet. That's my day, that's what I'm up to. Any questions?"

"Yes." Eve muttered making the Doctor turn to her. "...never mind, I forgot the question."

"Is River Song your wife?" Amy asked making the Doctor sigh. "Cause she's someone from your future, and the way she talks to you, I've never seen anyone do that. She's kind like, you know, 'Heel, boy!" She's Mrs. Doctor from the future, isn't she? Is she gonna be your wife one day?"

"Yes." Eve snapped her head up. "You're right. I am definitely Mr Grumpy Face today."

"Doctor? Doctor!" River called causing Eve to turn around and wave. "Father Octavian!"

The trio, plus Octavian, walked towards the place River was inside. "Why do they call them Father?"

"He's their bishop, they're his clerics. It's the fifty-first century, the church has moved on." The thing River had called them in to see was a video recording.. of a crying Angel aka the Weeping Angel. It made Eve's senses go all crazy. She didn't take her eyes off of it.