017

chapter seventeen | Flesh and Stone

ALFAVA METRAXIS • TREEBORG FOREST —

—EVE WAS GRIPPING AMY'S HAND SO TIGHT. Amy was doing the same back and it felt like they were going to rip each other's hands off or dislocate them. The Doctor had explained what the other beeping was and it was... Angels. They were surrounded by Angels and they had to walk like they could see... with their eyes closed.

"Eve, listen to me." The Doctor said. "Amy, you too. This is going to be hard but I know... you can do it. The Angels are scared and running. Right now they're not interested in you. They'll assume you can see them, and their instincts will kick in. All you've got to do is walk like you can see. Just don't open your eyes. Walk like you can see."

The two didn't move. "you're not moving. You have to do this. Now. You have to do this!" The two girls hesitated before taking a slow step forward, the communicator beeping a lot. They took twists and turns, almost accidentally walking into an Angel. Unknown to the two girls, Amy was about to trip and fall.

"Amy, watch out theres a-" Eve tried to say but wasn't quick enough as Amy went tumbling forward causing the two to fall, the communicator falling from Eve's hand. "Doctor? I-I dropped it, I can't find the communicator. Doctor! Doctor..." Eve heard the slow rumbling of an Angel moving behind the two. "Doctor, for goodness sake, answer me!" Eve cried before Amy slowly stood, helping her slowly.

Eve felt a hand about to reach out and grab her but instead of cold stone, she felt something familiar. "Don't open your eyes. You're on the Flight Deck, the Doctor's here, I teleported you. See?"

"No." Eve muttered.

"Told you I could get it working." River finished her sentence.

"River Song, I could bloody kiss you."

River grimaced. "Ah, no." An alarm began to echo making Eve turn her head around in panic. "What's that?"

"The Angels are draining the last of the ship's power. Which means... the shield's going to release!" There were a few loud bangs and a light that began to shine through the room. In the forest, looking in, were all of the Angels. "Angel Bob, I presume."

"The Time Field is coming. It will destroy our reality." Angel-Bob told the Doctor.

"And look at you, all running away. What can I do for you?"

"There is a rupture in time. The Angels calculate that if you throw yourself into it, it will close, and they will be saved."

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, could do. Could do that. But why?" The Doctor asked.

"Your friends would also be saved."

"Well, there is that." Amy and Eve felt River let go of them.

"I've traveled in time. I'm a complicated space/time event too, throw me in." River ran up to the Doctor.

"Oh, be serious! These Angels are more complicated than you, and it would take every one of them to amount to me, so get a grip."

"Doctor, I can't let you do this."

"No, seriously, get a grip." Eve tilted her head.

"You're not going to die here!"

"No, I mean it! Eve, River, Amy, get a grip!"

"Oh, you genius." River quietly walked over to Amy and Eve.

"Sir, the Angels need you to sacrifice yourself now." Angel-Bob told him making the Doctor smirk lightly.