049

Chapter Forty-nine| NoobMaster69

—EVE HAD GONE WITH HULK AND ROCKET. They were going to get Thor. Tony had figured it out. Time Travel. The Thunder God was in New Asgard. Bruce tapped on the side of the truck, letting him know that this was their stop. 

"Kind of a step down from the golden palaces," Rocket muttered. It was a small town while Asgard was a massive kingdom. "and the magic hammers and whatnot."

"Hey." Eve nudged him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, have a little compassion, pal. First, they lost Asgard, then half their people. They're probably just happy to have a home."

"You shouldn't have come." A voice shouted from behind them.

"Ah! Valkyrie! Great to see you, Angry Girl!" Bruce smiled as they all walked over to the woman. Eve smiled at her. She was pretty.

"I think I liked you better either of the other ways." Valkyrie said. Bruce pointed toward Eve and Rocket.

"This is Rocket," Bruce Introduced. "This is Eve." Valkyrie looked at Rocket and Eve then at Bruce. She shook her head.

"He won't see you."

"It's that bad, huh?"

"We only see him once a month when he comes in for" she looked over at the pile of barrels filled with beer. "'Supplies'."

"It's that bad."

"Yeah."

Eve knocked on the wooden door over and over before opening it. The place was... a mess. "Whew! Something died in here!" Rocket muttered as he sniffed around.

"Hello? Thor!" Bruce shouted.

"Are you here about the cable?" Thor's voice asked from behind them as he walked into another room. They followed. "The Cinemax went out two weeks ago... and the sports are kinda fuzzy and whatnot."

"Thor?" Bruce called.

Thor turned around. "Boys! Eve! Oh, my God!" He laughed before going over to hug Bruce. "Oh, my God, it's so good to see you! Evangeline!" He shouted before hugging her. 

"Hello, Thor." Eve laughed.

"It's good to see you! Come here, cuddly little rascal." Thor went up to Rocket. 

"Yeah, no, I'm good. I'm good. That's not necessary." Rocket tried shoving him off.

"Hulk, you know my friends Miek and Korg, right?" Thor pointed toward the others in the room.

"Hey, boys!" Korg and Miek waved.

"Hey, guys. Long time no see." Bruce waved.

"Beer's in the bucket. Feel free to log on to the Wi-Fi. No password, obviously." Korg told them before pointing to the tv. "Thor, he's back. That kid on the TV just called me a dickhead again."

"Noobmaster." Thor muttered before taking the headphones from Korg.

"Yeah, NoobMaster69 called me a Dickhead."

"I am sick of this." He put the headphones on his ear. "Noobmaster, hey, it's Thor again. You know, the God of Thunder. Listen, buddy, if you don't log off this game immediately... I am gonna fly over to your house, come down to that basement you're hiding in... rip off your arms, and shove them up your butt! Oh, that's right, yes! Go cry to your father, you little weasel." He handed Korg the headphones back.

"Thank you, Thor."

"Let me know if he bothers you again, okay?"

"Thank you very much. I will." Korg put the headphones back on and went back to his game. Thor turned to the three again. 

"So, you guys want a drink? What are we drinking? I've got beet, tequila, all sorts of things." Thor said as he used Stormbreaker as a bottle opener. 

Eve looked toward the man while Bruce placed a hand on his shoulder. "Thor, are you all right?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Thor looked at her. "Why? Why, don't I look all right?" 

"You look like melted ice cream." Rocket told him making him laugh.

"So, what's up? You just here for a hang, or what?"

"We need your help. There might be a chance we could fix everything." Bruce told him.

"What, like the cable?" Thor burped. "'Cause that's been driving me bananas for weeks."

"Like Thanos." 

Thor's smile fell. He slowly gripped a hand around Bruce's jacket, pointing at him while trying not to cry. "Don't say that name."

Korg stood up taking off his headphones. "Uh, yeah, we don't actually say that name in here." Bruce put a hand on Thor's wrist.

"Please take your hand off me." Thor did just that. "Now, I know that guy... might scare you."

Thor scoffed. "Why would I be...? Why would I be scared of that guy? I'm the one who killed that guy, remember? Anyone else here kill that guy?" He shook his head. "Nope. Didn't think so. Korg, why don't you, uh, tell everybody who chopped Thanos' big head off?"

"Um, Stormbreaker?"

"Who was swinging Stormbreaker?" Thor asked as he walked away from Bruce even though he followed him.

"I get it. You're in a rough spot, okay? I've been there myself. And you want to know who helped me out of it?" 

"Was it Natasha?"

"It was you." Bruce told Thor. "You helped me."

"So, why don't you ask... the Asgardians down there... how much my help is worth?" He sat himself down on a chair. "The ones that are left, anyway."

"I think we could bring them back."

"Stop." Thor shook his head. "Stop, okay? I know you think I'm down here wallowing in my own self-pity... waiting to be rescued and saved... but I'm fine, okay. We're fine, aren't we?" He looked toward Miek and Korg.

"Oh, we're good here, mate." Korg agreed.

"So, whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it. Don't care. Couldn't care less. Goodbye." Thor chuckled.

"We need you, pal." Bruce told him.

Thor chuckled quietly before taking another chug of his beer. Rocket knew something that could convince him.

"There's beer on the ship."

"What kind?

__

short-ish chapter, I know.