033

—chapter thirty-three | Vincent and the Doctor.

THERE WAS A LOUD YELL. Eve, scared for the Doctor's life, went running into the church. The Doctor turned around to face her making him scream. "Argh! I thought I told you... Nevermind. We'll talk about it later. Quick. In here."

They went into the confessional, listening as the heavy footsteps of the Krafayis walked around. "Absolutely quiet. Can you breathe a little quieter, please?"

"No." Eve moved the curtain slightly to look outside. Suddenly a hole ripped through Eve's side making her yell as the Krafayis growled.

"I think he heard us."

"Oh, you think?!" Eve shouted as the Krafayis started bursting holes through every side.

"That is impressive hearing he's got. What's less impressive are our chances of survival."

"Hey, are you looking for me, sonny?" The voice of Vincent echoed. "Come on. Over here. Because I'm right here waiting for you." Eve watched as Vincent started to attack the beast with a chair. Amy was standing behind him. "Come on. Quickly! Get behind me."

"Where is he?" The Doctor asked as he looked around.

"Where do you think he is, you idiot? Use your head." Vincent said before the Doctor used his sonic.

"Anything?"

"Nothing. In fact, he seemed to rather enjoy it. Duck. Left." The Doctor was sent straight into the wall making Eve wince. "Right, sorry. Your right, my left."

Eve went over to the Doctor to help him up. "This is no good at all. Run like crazy and regroup."

"Oh, come on, in here." Amy groaned making them run into a room, trying to close the door behind them as the Krafayis tried to enter.

Vincent stood on the Krafayis' foot which was in the way of the door. They were able to close it. "Right. Okay. Here's the plan. Eve, Amy, Rory.-"

"Who?" Amy questioned as Eve's eyes went wide.

"Sorry, um, Vincent." The Doctor corrected himself.

"What is the plan?"

"I don't know, actually. But in the future, I'm just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws." The Doctor said while stuffing the Sonic back in his jacket.

"Give me a second. I'll be back." Vincent ran off.

"I suppose we could try talking to him." The Doctor suggested.

"Talking to him?!"

"Well, yes. Might be interesting to know his side of the story. Yes, though maybe he's not really in the mood for conversation right at this precise moment." The door began to move as the Krafayis tried to barge in. "Well, no harm in trying. Listen. Listen!" The door stopped. "I know you can understand me. Even though I know you won't understand why you can understand me. I also know that no one's talked to you for a pretty long stretch, but please... listen."

"I also don't belong on this planet. I also am alone. If you trust me, I'm sure we can come to some kind of, you know, understanding. And then, and then, who knows?" There was a loud crash in front of them meaning the Krafayis' silence was him finding another way in.

"Over here, mate!" Vincent called as he held something in his hands. His Easel.

"What's it up to now?" The Doctor asked as they stood behind Vincent. The four of them had hid. The Doctor was behind a pillar while the others were behind something on the floor.