040

Chapter Forty | The Pandorica Opens

—THE DOCTOR HAD STOPPED THE ARM. Eve watched as the Doctor gripped the metal arm. He believed the arm was bluffing. She didn't know an arm could bluff. Suddenly, she felt something wrap around her ankle.

"Uh, Doctor?" She called before she was dragged to the floor. The Doctor yelled for her but the arm electrocuted him to the ground. 

Amy shouted for Eve, pulling her arm and trying to get her away from a metal head. They both assumed this was the head that matched the cyber-man arm. The wires from the head gripped Eve's arms while another pulled Amy's.

Eve stood, using her arms to hold the head at a distance. Amy stood behind her, trying to pull her away. They watched as a glowing line went down the head, cracking it open to reveal a skull. Amy and Eve both screamed as it fell out. 

The Cyberman's head came snapping forward, trying to grab Eve's face. The Brunette started to smack the cyber-man head against the large stone next to her before throwing it to the ground.

Amy went up to the girl, checking if the brunette was all right as the head used its wires to crawl across the floor. Suddenly, it shot something into the redhead's neck making her wince. 

"Amy?" Eve called.

Amy pulled a pin-like object from her neck. Eve felt something hit her shoulder, it had done the same to her. "You will be assimilated." The Cyberman told them.

"Yeah?" Amy questioned. Eve shook her head as the world around her started to go fuzzy. "You and whose body?"

Eve sighed with closed eyes. "Amy, you idiot."

"What?" 

Loud footsteps echoed as the left-armless and headless body of a cyberman came walking over. It reached down, picking up the head before placing it back on its body. It held out its arm, heading straight toward the two girls.

Amy grabbed a torch, swinging it at the cyberman but her vision was beand coming blurry, and so was Eve's. The two girls walked into a room. "Doctor?!" Amy shouted.

The door started to shake. "Doctor!" Eve shouted. There were loud bangs before silence. Amy walked forward, placing an ear to the door before a fucking sword was stabbed through the door. Amy screamed and ran towards Eve as the door opened.

On the door, lifeless, was the cyberman with a swoitshrough its chest. But there was also a man. He was blurry in both girls' visions but to Eve he seemed familiar. "Who...? Who are you...?" Amy tiredly asked.

Eve smiled as the man took his helmet. She knew that face. "Hello, Amy, Eve."

"Rory." Eve smiled before the two girls went falling to the floor. The supposed-to-be-erased-from-existence Rory was only able to catch one of them.

"Woah! Woah!" He muttered as he caught Amy before wincing when Eve hit the floor with a bang. "Sorry, Eve."

"Sir, the man's coming around." A Roman soldier came up to him before the Doctor's voice yelled.

"Eve?! Where's Eve?" He came rushing in.

"She's fine, Doctor, just unconscious."

"She's on the floor!" He lifted the woman before placing her on a stone and sonicing her. "Okay... yes, she's sedated, that's all."

"What about Amy?" 

"She's In half, Rory. Half an hour, she'll be fine. Okay, Romans, good, I was wishing for Romans, good old River. How many?" The Doctor walked forward looking around.

"50 men up top, volunteers. What about that thing?" Rory asked pointing at the Cyberman. 

"50? Not exactly a legion." The other Roman had left. 

"Your friend was very persuasive, but it's a tough sell."

"Yes, I know that, Rory, I'm not exactly one to miss the obvious." The Doctor told Rory Williams, the man he watched being erased from history. "But we need everything we can get. Okay, Cyber-weapons." He pulled out two massive guns. "This is basically a sentry box. So, headless wonder here was a sentry. Probably got himself duffed up by the locals. Never underestimate a Celt."

"Doctor-"

"Hush, Rory. Why leave a Cyberman on guard? Unless it's a Cyberthing in the box. But why would they lock up one of their own? Okay, no, not a Cyberthing, but what, what? No, I'm missing something obvious, Rory!" The Doctor walked up to Rory. "Something big, something right slap in front of me, I can feel it!"

"Yeah, I think you probably are." Rory agreed.

"I'll get it in a minute." 

He walked outside. Rory stood there before a loud clatter echoed and the Doctor walked back inside slowly. He stood in front of Rory, poking him in the chest.

"Hello again." The Doctor greeted.

"Hello." There was a pause.

"How've you been?"

"Good. Yeah, good. I mean, Roman."

"Rory, I'm not trying to be rude, but you died." The Doctor looked at him.

"Yeah, I know, I was there."

"You died and then you were erased from time. You didn't just die, you were never born at all, you never existed." The Doctor explained to Rory.

"Erased?" The supposed-to-be-gone Rory asked. "What does that mean?"

"How can you be here?" Rory stuttered, trying to think of a way to answer the Doctor's question.

"I don't know. It's kind of fuzzy."

"Fuzzy?"

"Well, I died and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting!" Rory went over to Amy, looking over her as she was knocked out. "Did she miss me?"

Eve suddenly sat up with a gasp making the Doctor turn to her quickly. "Evie, you're alive! I mean, I knew you were alive, I just..."

"Missed me? Yeah, I know. Rory Williams!" Eve smiled at Rory while sliding off the Rock before looking at Amy. "Wait, I was shot after her, how am I awake before her?" Before the Doctor could answer, rumbling and a lot of whooshing echoed throughout the place.

The Doctor, Eve, and Rory walked out toward the Pandorica which almost glowed green. "What is it? What's happening?"

"The final phase. It's opening." Rory ran up to the surface. The Doctor was speaking to River on the radio before looking at the Pandorica. There were ships above them. "What are you? They're all here, all of them, all for you. What could you possibly be?

 "Sorry, sorry, dropped it. Hello, Stonehenge! Who takes the Pandorica, takes the universe." The Doctor's voice echoed to the Surface. "But bad news, everyone..." The Doctoron topd on top of the Rock while Eve looked around on the ground. "Cause guess who?! Ha!"

"Listen, you lot, you're all whizzing about, it's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute? Because I am talking!" The Doctor's voice echoed. 

To Eve's surprise, the ships stopped rushing about. "The question of the hour is, who's got the Pandorica? Answer - I do. Next question, who's coming to take it from me?" He held his arms out, waiting for an answer but none replied. "Come on! Look at me, no plan, no backup, no weapons worth a damn. Oh, and something else, I don't have, anything... to... lose!"

"So if you're sitting up there in you silly little spaceship, with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way. Remember every black day I ever stopped you. And then, and then, do the smart thing." The Doctor stopped yelling.

"Let somebody else try first." He said with his arms out. The ships began to leave, leaving nothing but the dark sky. 

The Doctor looked towards Eve with a smile. "Okay, that was impressive." Eve smiled as she caught the radio which he threw to her. 

____