045

Chapter Forty-five | she never left.

"QUILL! Hey, stop! Hey, stop! Stop! Hey, stop, stop!" Tony yelled, going towards Quill trying to get him to stop. Peter and Eve kept pulling on the gauntlet, it was getting loose.

"It's coming, it's coming. We got it, we got it!" It was almost loose when Thanos finally snapped. He was back, no longer under. The gauntlet was pulled from their hands and back into Thanos's. Mantis was thrown and so were the siblings. Eve got up, jumping and gripping onto Mantis, who was flying through the air.

There was a weird feeling that entered Eve's skull. Doctor Strange noticed what was happening, he began to yell. "No! Somebody grab her!"

It was a blur, Eve's grip on Mantis began to loosen as they approached a wall and then suddenly Eve shook her head, getting rid of the strange feeling in her skull. She gripped onto Mantis as they smacked onto the ground. She sighed, looking down at Mantis.

"You all right?" Mantis didn't respond. Eve stood slowly, something was off. It felt like she had... been away. She shook it off when she saw hundreds of large rocks being thrown at Mr. Stark. The whole ground shook causing Eve to hold onto Mantis.

She felt something was going to happen. "Come on." Eve groaned while lifting Mantis into her arms before swinging, and dodging different objects. "Oh, shit!" She spotted different knocked-out people falling. "I got you!" She attached a web to Mantis' back then attached it to something before doing the same to other people.

"What are these guys' names again?" Eve muttered while sticking to a wall, watching. Doctor Strange flew down in front of Thanos, sending a strange wave of power that made Thanos do the same back. 

Doctor Strange made many versions of himself appear, confusing Thanos. They all sent orange glowing lines which caught Thanos' arms, holding him still until he used one of the stones.

Thanos used a stone to pull Doctor Strange toward him, grabbing his neck. "You're full of tricks, wizard." Thanos said before ripping the object with the stone off his neck. "Yet you never once used your greatest weapon." He then crushed it. "A fake."

He threw Doctor Strange to the ground. He raised his hand before something grabbed it, stopping him. Tony flew down to the ground, staring at Thanos through his Iron Man suit. 

"You throw another moon at me, and I'm gonna lose it." Tony said.

"Stark." Thanos muttered.

"You know me?"

"I do. You're not the only one cursed with knowledge." Thanos told him.

"My only curse is you." Five things came flying from the back of the Iron Suit before flying at Thanos.

"Come on!" The raisin yelled. Smoke surrounded him and Stark went flying at him, kicking him before landing. He sent his fists toward Thanos before his mask was ripped from his suit.

Another appeared on his head before Thanos punched him, sending him to the ground with a groan. Thanos ripped the thing holding the gauntlet off before sending some power at Tony who formed a shield to cover him.

All that Tony got from Thanos at that moment was a drop of blood. "All that for a drop of blood." Thanos smirked. He then flipped Tony over before sending multiple strong punches at him.

Eve watched in fear as Tony was stabbed through the stomach with his own weapon. "You have my respect, Stark." Thanos told him. "When I'm done, half of humanity will still be alive. I hope they remember you."

Thanos went to use his gauntlet before Doctor Strange groaned. "Stop. Spare his life... and I will give you the stone."

"No tricks." Thanos aimed his gauntlet at Doctor Strange instead.

"Don't." Tony told him with pain in his voice - due to being literally stabbed.

Doctor Strange held up his hand and a glowing green stone appears between his fingertips. Thanos held out his hand making Strange send the stone to him. It wasn't a trick. 

"One to go." Thanos muttered before multiple shots came firing at him from Quill. But before Quill could reach him, Thanos had disappeared.

Quill coughed before standing. "Where is he?" He watched as Tony tried to fix his stab wound. "Did we just lose?"

"Why would you do that?" Tony looked at Doctor Strange.

"We're in the endgame now." Eve went swinging over towards the group. She stood in front of Tony, carefully helping him stand as everyone came walking over.

"Something's happening." Mantis told them. They all watched as Mantis slowly turned to dust.

"Quill?" Drax was next. 

"Steady, Quill." 

Tony, Eve and the remaining others watched as Quill turned to dust muttering a quick, "Oh, man." Eve looked around in defeat as they all vanished.

"Tony." Doctor Strange called making them turn to him. "There was no other way." Doctor Strange turned to dust...

"Eve...?" Peter called making her turn to him. "I don't feel so good."

"Peter?" Eve questioned as he walked towards her.

"I don't... I don't know what's happening. I don't know..." He fell into his sister's arms making her hold onto him. "I don't want to go."

Eve gripped onto him. "I don't want to go, Eve. Please. Please, I don't want to go." They slowly went to the floor, holding each other in a tight hug. "I don't want to go."

She carefully lay Peter on the floor, tears in her eyes as she watched him slowly turn to dust. "I'm sorry." He muttered softly before he was gone.

"Peter?" Eve muttered. Tears rolled down her face as she screamed. "Peter! Please! No! Come back! I'm sorry, please!"

"Kid-" Tony tried to call. 

"No!" She bawled as Tony hugged her. "He's gone."

_

Eve was pacing back and forth. They had been there for at least an hour already. She was bawling, stressed, and absolutely terrified. Due to her being stressed, she was unknowingly activating her power causing Tony and Nebula to stay far away from her.

"Kid, you have to calm down-" Tony tried to speak causing her to turn to him.

"Calm down? Calm down?! My brother is gone! I can't get to Aunt May, She might be gone too! Half of humanity is gone! I might be the last person in my family on Earth!" Eve started to shout.

"No, kid, seriously. You are going to blow up."

"I don't care if I blow up, I can't help it!" Eve shouted, tears still running down her face. "You know, I felt like something was missing now that hole is even bigger!" She shouted in frustration.

Tony looked down at her hand, it was surrounded by sparks of electricity and so was her whole body. "Eve-"

"And you know, I feel like screaming at you but I can't because you'll probably kill me! I already am but I might die anyway because Nebula is glaring at me!" Eve pointed at Nebula. 

She squeezed her eyes together as she continued on her angry rant not noticing as she disappeared from Titan and back to Earth.

___

Does the last part make sense? I kind of wanted to get Eve on Earth instead of Titan. Also, what other kinds of books would you guys like? 

Criminal Minds? The Umbrella Academy? A random actor x oc/reader? You decide! (You can choose one of these or suggest your own!!)