048

Chapter Forty-eight | The Hulk

—"COME ON, I FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY ONE EATING HERE." Bruce... or the Hulk spoke. Apparently, Bruce had found a way to be the hulk without being very angry. Bruce nudged the massive bowl of eggs toward Scott. "Try some of that. Have some eggs."

"I'm so confused," Scott spoke up.

"These are confusing times." Bruce chuckled.

"Right, no, no. That's not what I meant." Scott tried to say but Bruce understood what he meant.

"Nah, I get it. I'm kidding! I know, it's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now." Bruce smiled at the four while Eve glanced at Steve and Nat before looking back at him.

"Yeah. What? How? Why?" Scott asked.

"Five years ago, we got out asses beat. Except it was worse for me... 'cause I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost... and then, we all lost." Bruce explained.

"No one blamed you, Bruce." Natasha reassured.

"I did." Bruce told them. "For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease... something to get rid of. But then, I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in the gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together... and now, look at me. Best of both worlds."

A group of kids came walking over with smiles on their faces. "Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?"

"Yes. Can we get a photo?"

"100%, little person. Come on, step on up. Do you mind?" He held the phone towards Eve who nodded.

"Oh, sure." She said before holding up the phone to take their photo.

"Say 'green'."

"Green." Bruce smiled with the kids. "Did you get that?"

"Yup. Here you go!" Eve nodded.

"Did you want to grab one with me? I'm Ant-man." Eve shook her head as Scott spoke while she handed the kid their phone back. "They're Hulk fans. They don't know Ant-Man. Nobody does."

"No, he wants you to take a picture with him." Bruce smiled while pointing at Scott.

"I don't want a picture. Yeah, look, he's even saying no, he doesn't. I get it. I don't want it, either." The two kept talking about it while Eve wished she sat on the other side of the table.

"Thank you, Mr... Hulk." The girl smiled at him.

"No, it was great, kids. Thank you very much." Bruce smiled before the kids, and him, all said "Hulk out!"

"Bruce." Steve called.

"Dab." Bruce smiled, trying to dab which Eve made a face at.

"Bruce."

"Listen to your mom," Bruce called toward them as they walked away. "She knows better."

"About what we were saying." Steve finally got his attention. Bruce turned to them all.

"Right." He nodded. "The whole time travel do-over? Eh, guys, it's outside my area of expertise." Bruce shrugged.

"Well, you pulled this off." Natasha said, referring to him still being hulk yet calm and in control. "I remember a time when that seemed pretty impossible, too." 

_

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up... the, uh... the, uh, van thing." Bruce told him. Scott opened the doors to the van to reveal a machine that apparently goes to the quantum realm.

"Breakers are set." Steve walked toward them.

"Emergency generators are on standby." Eve walked beside him. Bruce looked at them.

"Good, because if we blow the grid, I don't want to lose, uh," Bruce pointed at Scott. "Tiny here in the 1950s." Scott looked up at him while everyone smiled.

"Excuse me?" Scott questioned.

"He's kidding." Natasha reassured him with a smile. "You can't say things like that."

"I-it was a bad joke." Bruce looked back at him.

"You were joking, right?" Eve asked with her arms crossed as she stood next to Natasha.

"I have no idea." Eve sighed. "We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Bruce looked toward Scott with a thumbs up and a smile. "We're good! Get your helmet on. Scott, I'm gonna send you back a week... let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Make sense?"

Scott looked at him for moment before waving it off. "Perfectly not confusing."

"Good luck, Scott." Steve looked at him. "You got this."

Scott smiled and nodded. "You're right. I do, Captain America." Then he was pulled into the Quantum realm and hopefully back in time.

"On a count of three... Three, two, one." Bruce pushed a few buttons and... Scott? came back but... different.

"Uh, guys. This doesn't feel right." He was younger. I mean, way younger.

"What's going on?"

"Who is that?" Natasha asked. "Is that Scott?"

"Yes, it's Scott." Scott said before he was pulled back in before pulled back again. He was older. Very much older.

"Oh, my back!" Scott muttered. The group were all muttering, pushing and pulling different buttons. Scott was sent back and.. baby Scott appeared.

"It's a baby." Steve pointed out.

"It's Scott." Bruce told him.

"As a baby." Cap pointed out again.

"He'll grow."

"Just bring Scott Scott back, please!" Eve shouted.

"When I say kill the power, kill the power." Bruce said making Natasha sigh and walk away to do so. "And..." He pushed a few buttons. "Kill it!" Scott was back. Normal Scott.

"Somebody peed my pants." Scott said. " But I don't know if it was baby me or old me. Or just me me."

"Time Travel!" Bruce held out his arms with a smile. Steve shook his head. "What? I see this as an absolute win."

__

Okay, for the past two days, I've been thinking, should I make eve a timelord or not?

Because I've had an idea for her character and I'm just wondering if you guys would like her to be a timelord or something else?