Chapter 2

Mateo

I'm late, again. I had to deal with my step dad upsetting my mum...again. Fucking prick doesn't know when to back off by himself so I have to do it for him.

"You're acting king shit when you're not Mateo, this is between me and your mother stop butting in"

"Like you said asshole, that's my mother. Whatever concerns her concerns me. Don't ever fucking think otherwise" he's stepping up to me and at this point I'm clenching my fists and trying my best to not rock his jaw sideways right now.

He's always raising his voice to her and talking down to her. His voice is enough to hit you in the chest, it's the type of voice that's enough to make you back down when being disciplined. That's why his son is such a bitch.

He hasn't put his hands on my mum, but I always find myself standing at the top of the stairs when I hear him weaponising his voice against my mother, worried he's gonna cross that line and hit her. And if that day comes, I'll be ready to burry him 6 feet fucking under.

"Stand. Down. Mateo. Lower your damn tone and don't fucking cuss at me" he says staring me dead in the eyes. I gance behind him and see mum holding her chest, pleading me with her desperate eyes to listen to what he says.

I inhale deeply and unclench my fists "fuck this. Bye mum" I say walking out and slamming the door behind me.

The car is gone. Justin. Of course that asshole left without me. Dickhead. Like father like son.

Throwing my head back and taking a deep breath in, I accept the bullshit and walk to the nearest bus stop.
__________
Finally, I'm at my stop. Had to endure this junkies riddles for the past 25 minutes. Let me off this bus for the love of god.

As soon as the doors open I jump off and make my way to campus. I'm way too late but it's nothing new.

I'd move out so I don't have to put up with the same bullshit every morning, but the thought of leaving mum alone in the same house with that pig makes me want to put my fist through a wall and throw him off a fucking cliff. Fuck that.

I even considered moving in with my dad, but I'd still be leaving mum alone.

They divorced because mum couldn't keep up with his dangerous way of life, with him being a mafia boss and all. I know, cliché. And of course because he loves her so fucking much, he signed the papers and let her go, thinking she'd be safe without him.

He was wrong. And I can't do anything about it because of Justin's fucking blackmail against me.

"Touch my dad. I dare you. Try it, and I'll send these shockingly explicit photos of your activities to the police station. What do you think will happen from there Matty?"

Fucking prick. I'll deal with him eventually. I just have to be careful.

I hear a voice, snapping me back to realisation.

"okay, that's building E... so- where the fuck is C?"

A newbie, she's looking for the same building that I'm on my way to right now.

Now, the nice thing for me to do would be to go help her out and give her directions,  an even nicer thing to do would actually walk her to the building with me.

But hearing her whine and struggle is funny to me. Nice guys wouldn't say such a thing would they, oh no no never.

"Okay it should be up here... oh- oh my god it's here. building C"