Chapter 48

Kelani

Kelani

Bullets breaking through the windows makes Gabriel  pull Isabella and mum behind the kitchen counter. My shoulders tense and it's like my feet are glued to the ground when I try to run to safety. Uncle Sam is already outside and fighting back with the rest of his team, Gabriel follows behind him.

My eyes that burn shift outside to the crossfire, and for a moment I wish that a bullet would hit me. Instead I feel two uncomfortably tight, aggressive grips on my arms. I snap back to my surroundings and realise im being dragged out of the house by my shitbag father and Mateos shitbag step-father, Dylan.

Sudden terror rushes through me, as if the fatal bullets flying past my shoulders were child's play. The previous image I had of my father was an abusive, sympathy-less , closed minded asshole, has now gotten worse. "My rapist father" overtakes all the other titles I had given given him combined.

The man who gave me life to keep my mother tied to him against her will, digs his nails into my arms, and when I try to pull away, he manages to jab me square in the face. Heat rushes to the centre of my face, and the space between my nose and lip feels wet.

I eagerly look around the kitchen and living room, mum wants to come and grab me but is held back by Isabella. My eyes shift to see Mateo, standing numbly in the middle of the downstairs setting, his eyes empty and his expression pale and numb. His hands drop loosely by his sides while bullets fire near him, and he doesn't flinch.

I try calling his name but i cant. Empty words leave my mouth, and all that comes out are choking sounds as Dylan tightens his grip around my throat.

My anxiety heightens as the strength of these two larger men holding me back from my own strength reminds me of the night I was gang-raped. My will and my strength being stripped the harder I fight back, like that night.

When he drops his arm from my neck and takes a handful of my ass, I let out a bloody curdling scream like the one I did that night, that went ignored and unheard.

My eyes manage to shift to Mateo again, who has shoots his head up, darting toward me with wide dark eyes,

And I want to cry when I realise that this cry for help was heard. Mateo charges toward me and when Dylan tries turning me around the corner, he's ruthlessly tackled and his disgusting grasp on me is gone. Mateo is about to throw his fist into Dylan's face as he's ontop of him, but he looks over his shoulder to see me still being dragged away by my father.

Mateo shouts at him to let me go, instead I'm being used as a human shield, my back against my fathers chest as more bullets fly over and past us. Shivers run down my spine when I'm pressed against him, I look ahead to see a black van which I'm about to be dragged to. But before I'm pushed off the patio, my father is pulled off of me. I turn to see Mateo pushing him to the ground and when my shitbag dad tries to grab my arm and get off his feet, my fist flies across his jaw. The impact was hard enough to knock him on his haunches, he tries to slur my name, but I just knee him  beneath the chin that crunches on hit.