Chapter 39

Mateo

Mateo

I put my phone in my pocket after my last text to Kelani with a smile.

Blood pools beneath my boots from the man I just eliminated. Sam is waiting for me outside, he took care of the other target, the brother, so now he's waiting in the car.

The targets were selling secret information about the business to an enemy gang. Not the first time dealing with snakes like this, nor is it the first time it involved this gang, 'dragon bite'. I've had suspicions that the leader is Daniel. I know he's part of some sort of gang, because he has a quite a few men who work for him that I've seen.

I had a past assignment that involved getting rid of two members of 'Dragon Bite', and the names were familiar. I later found their names as a couple of contacts that I saw pop up on Dylan's phone. I highly doubt it was just a coincidence and these guys happened to simply be friends with Dylan. I couldn't prove that Dylan was the leader though, so we couldn't act on it.

Specifically, Dad didn't want to act on it, because he assumed mum was in love with Dylan and didn't want to hurt her anymore than he already did.

But after finding out what he did to mum and how he treated her throughout their marriage, all dad could think about was ripping out the fuckers oesophagus and his intestines. Wouldn't be the first time he did something like that for mum.

Dads fucking terrifying, but around the people cares about he's this whole different person. As a father, a husband, and friend; he's considerate and generous. But as a mafia boss, he's cold and merciless. And when it comes to fucking with anything he cares about, he puts that persona in action.

Fucks sake he's killed around 30-40 men just for looking at mum the wrong way. That's just what I know of. God knows how much higher the number actually is. Of course mum doesn't know that he's eliminated so many men just for side eyeing her, I know about it because dad wanted to show how strong love can be, and how love 'should be'.

But I just think that's how psychotic he can be.

He doesn't have a personality disorder or anything, but if he was to explain a quarter of the shit he's done to people, one would definitely assume there's something fucked in his head. Specifically assuming he has an anti-social personality disorder.

But that's not the case.

A couple of private therapists who know the work I do, had attempted diagnosing me with the same disorder, some saying it's genetic. But there was always conflicted opinions.

I don't think I'm that fucked up to a point where I would lack the ability to feel bare minimum sympathy for other people and have total disregard for them. Which is exactly what ASPD is.