Chapter 47

Mateo

Mateo

As much as I am pissed right now for her disappearance on me, the burning desire to pull Kelani in to connect my lips with hers bubbles up when I'm close enough to feel her breath on my neck.

I've felt the same need to feel her on me almost everyday for the past three months. And each time, I would remember her mothers threat to take Kelani away if I don't distance from her. So instead of closing the space between us, I'd always walk away from her instead, like I'm doing right now.

She follows behind me toward the main house, I hear a huff when I turn my back from her and I keep my eyes ahead with a small smile.

She asks a question that I don't remember when we walk through the house and hear some quiet voices ahead. I stop Kelani behind me, holding an arm infront of her as I grab my gun from my waistband.

Everyone is out of the house at the moment except dad, so there should be no suspicious conversing and inaudible sounds coming from the kitchen.

I creep up toward the end of the hall, prepared to aim my gun when I turn the corner, expecting to see intruders of some sort.

I leer around the corner, peeking into the kitchen, and Instead the sight is much worse.

My aim drops and my eyes widen on the sight of my father and Kelanis mother sharing a deep heated kiss against the kitchen counter.

Camilla has her knee lifted by dad as he gets himself between her legs and deepens himself into the kiss.

Kelani pulls away from my arm and peeks around the corner, viewing the same sight I am, now showing the same facial expression of shock that I am.

My stomach churns when dad lifts my friends mother onto the counter, separating her legs. Kelani let's out a choked gasp that makes the two turn their attention toward us and pull away from each other.

Camilla hops off the bench and fixes down her top that had ridden up, dad wipes at the corner of his lip and they both look inappropriately frazzled.

"What the fuck?" Kelani and I both exclaim simultaneously at our parents.

"Kids... uh..." dad pants over his words, I raise a brow and the corner of my lip with wide eyes waiting for an explanation from my father.

My eyes shift to an ashamed Camilla, she has nothing to say while dad cups his hands over his crotch.

I look over to Kelani, she looks to me and we're both grimacing before turning back to the two.

"What the fuck is this?" Kelani questions in a high pitch, outraged as she shifts her eyes between her mother and my father.

They both share a quick look before turning back to Kelani and I as we both feel the need to take a step away from each other.

An uncomfortable twist occurs in my stomach as I think about mum. Dad and her didn't get back together really, but they were definitely working toward it... now dad is kissing the mother of the girl I love.