Chapter 28

Mateo

I found myself running around the entire house trying to find Kelani, she had just disappeared and I started getting worried. Especially during this time where Dylan is on the loose and is probably looking for his sons killer, and something tells me he knows it's Kelani.

Thoughts of Dylan hurting Kelani flooded my mind, and it just drove me more frantic. I wouldn't live myself if something happened to her when I'm supposed to be looking out for her, like Alaiyah would've wanted.

Two rounds of going up and down stairs later, and I see two people outside, through the glass doors. I pull open the sliding door and make my way near the pool to see Kelani laughing and smiling with Sebastian.

My knuckles turn white, watching him turn to her with an admiring smirk, and Kelani returns with a grin. Something sets off inside me and I stomp over to the two of them.

They turn to me, but I turn to Sebastian and tell him to fuck off so I can be alone with Kelani. He tries to argue but I tell him to fuck off again. So he does.

And now I'm staring Kelani down, pissed at the fact that I've been running around the houseime a fucking fool looking for her, when all this time she's been laughing and flirting with another guy.

I'm not even sure what I say that makes Kelani so pissed at me. Everything is muffled as the rain floods at my ears. She accuses me of being Jealous as she takes a puff of her cigarette that sits between her slim, long fingers.

"I'm not fucking jealous Kelani."

"So why are you so heated over me simply standing beside and talking to Seb? You were mad to see that I hadn't fallen for you the way you make everyone fall for you?" She narrows her eyes at me, tilting her head, as if she caught me in a trap.

I frown at her words, confused to what she thinks.

"Where the hell are you getting this shit from?"

"I was a fucking idiot for thinking you were looking at me different, is what I'm saying. You gave the same goddamn smile to Haley when she was bouncing her lopsided tits in your fucking face. And I let you have my first fucking kiss. Mateo you're a pig."

Her words hit me like a knife. Mateo you're a pig.

Rain get heavier around us as I explain to her that I never give anyone the same look that I'd give her, but she doesn't buy it.

"I don't know what to think of anyone anymore. I thought Rowan was guilty of something heinous, and was planning 65 ways to torture and kill him- an innocent person. Because I fucking hated his guts for what I thought he did to-" she stops mid scentence and clamps her mouth shut.

Her eyes shake, and fists clench after hesitating to finish her sentence. She's hiding something

"To who?" I ask, lifting a brow.

"To Delilah" she tries to brush past me but I grab her arm. Now I know she's hiding something.

"Bullshit. You could've said 'to Delilah' straight away because I know that this happened to her. But you stopped yourself from saying something I don't know" I step close to her and look down, meeting her emerald eyes, waiting for an answer that she seems to try so hard to hide. Thunder is heard in the distance, lightning flashing a light over us.

She keeps her eyes on mine as I repeat my question.

Her hidden expression suddenly becomes clear to me as tears flood at her waterline, and I abruptly feel a sharp feeling in my chest.