Chapter 18

Kelani

Fridays, my favourite days of the week. As soon as class is done, no more uni for the rest of the week, and I can relax; that is if I wasn't being targeted right now.

I've barely gotten any sleep recently, less than usual, and I'm constantly looking over my shoulder out of fear that someone is going to drag me away.

I get to campus a little earlier, so I'm just sitting at a table in front of the cafeteria, feeling the breeze against my face, until class begins at 8:30am. Which is, after checking my watch, in approximately 40 minutes.

Mateo offered to pick me up, but he's mentioned that he doesn't liked getting up too early when it's unnecessary, so I declined.

Oddly enough, our friendship hasn't been effected by our mutual discovery about eachothers hidden identities. I had suspected that he was an assassin in the mafia, but then I thought 'nah why would his dad allow him to do that under his own mafia'... turns out I was right.

And I was afraid that he'd see me as horrible. But he's like me.

It wasn't so crazy to me that he's an assassin, I mean the actual idea that he takes lives is eye widening, because the natural reaction at witnessing someone close to you killing someone, is to be shocked. Right? But I wasn't afraid, only because I kill too. It'd be hypocritical of me to judge and be frightened of him.

If I was some everyday girl who had a regular life and and a normal job, I'm sure I'd be taken back at the discovery.

It feels weird to bond over the fact that we both break bones, slit throats, and punch holes through skulls. So we agreed we shouldn't just casually talk about it unless it was necessary. Which I don't even know what situation would be a necessary one to talk about it.

Suddenly I feel hands grip my shoulder. I jump and turn.

I sigh in relief and annoyance at the same time.

"Fuck- Mateo"

"did I scared you" he laughs, his small dimples revealing.

"Yes you fucking scared me" i scoff, turning back around, laying my arms on the table.

Mateo walks around and sits across from me.

We stare at eachother, narrowing our eyes. Mateo tilts his head and pouts his lips as he analyses me.

"What man" I finally say.

"I still can't comprehend it" he crosses his arms across his chest.

I groan in irritation and bend me head back.

"It's just suprising"

"Mateo- what the fuck did you think SaviourA actually did?" I shake me head.

"Well- I BELIEVED you when you said you only bashed the fuckers to mush. Was I not supposed to believe you?" He furries his brows, and opens his arms.

"No, I wanted you to believe me cause I thought you'd be afraid finding out what I actually do. But didn't you have any suspicions that SaviourA did more than that?"

"No not really" he shrugs.

"You're fucken dumb" I look away chuckling.

"Excuse me?" He crosses his arms back across his chest, glaring.

"Well you're so clueless..." I laugh, and before I could finish he interrupts me.

"Ah- IM CLUELESS?" He points to his chest before leaning forward. "you knew I was in the mafia, and you were questioning what I did in it like it's not the most obvious thing."