Chapter 66 ~ EXTENDED EPILOGUE ~

wink wonk

wink wonk

2 years and 10 months later

Kelani

"And that's my story... that's why I do what I do now. Thank you all for listening and thank you for your support here at the Perez-Askade defence and protection centre, we hope to support you too."

The microphone is steady in my hand, and my voice projects out the speakers surrounding the gym. Hundreds of women who were waiting to get in for the opening of my all applaud and cheer with tears or admirable smiles.

The first gym I opened over a year ago was back in Sydney in the west. After finding out the Mateo had left a large sum of his money to me, I wanted to invest majority of it into something he would've loved too. The crowd for the opening at the first gym was smaller, but they all had the same reaction after hearing my story.

They cried hearing about the abuse I and Alaiyah endured, of course I wanted to be the voice to share Alaiyahs story too- they cried for her, so did I.

They smiled hearing about my journey to healing, about the found family I gained along the way, and my love who gave it to me; the healing and the family.

Then they cried again after hearing how that love of mine died for me. How Mateo died a Saviour.

The larger crowd here at the Melbourne branch share the same reactions and more tears. And when I look to the back of the crowd to see all my family and friends cheering with tears and smiles, my heart warms.

Gabriel and Isabella were so happy and honoured to see that I included their family name in the title of gym for them and Mateo.

I remember Isabella crying and hugging me so tight I struggled to breath. Then again I was still recovering from the second surgery I had to get on my lungs, the fire from over two and a half years ago caused heavy inhalation injuries on my respiratory system.

Thankfully Miguel found the best doctors and surgeons for me and after the second surgery my healing went well. I'm healthy.

"Any questions?" I ask into the mic. cameras flash, reporters and potential gym members raise their hands. I point to a young women up front.

"What ended up happening to your assaulters? Are they still out there?"

"Ah, what happened to our assaulters..." I repeat into the mic, I lift my eyes and look toward my family at the back. Rowan and Adam catch my eyes with sly smirks, Rowan winks and I smile.