Chapter 58

Mateo

Mateo

Kelanis surprise to the house being under her name satisfies me. Even though she's kinda pissed that I spent so much money on her, I know that she's greatly appreciative for all of it.

Back when I bought the house, my mindset was just to protect Kelani from a distance because I didn't want to risk losing her at the hands of her mother. Of course that was back when Camilla despised me and thought she was protecting her daughter by telling me to stay away.

She made it clear that if I disobeyed her wishes and got close to Kelani again, she would've taken her away to god knows where. Which I knew was dangerous not only for her at the time, but for my heart.

The last year I've grown so attached to Kelani Perez that it feels as though her presence is my oxygen. If she wasn't near me or if I had no idea where she was at, the air I was breathing would feel toxic.

Falling in love with her was just another push for the obsessiveness in me to exceed, and I didn't care to hold it in after that.

So instead of risking Kelani being taken away to some random place away from me, I bought her this home on the mountains. Sam agreed that if it came to that point, then he would be the one to give her the keys and claim that he's the one who bought the house for their family, so Camilla wouldn't be opposed.

That way I would've known where Kelani would've been, and my heart would be at ease knowing that I could go to her if I felt I needed to. Which I knew I would need to.

It's Kelani after all.

Either way, weather her mother decided to take her away or not; I wanted her to have peace away from the chaos of my families life style, so if I couldn't be the one to do that for her where something happened to me because of Dylan or Michael or anyone else in the underworld who have my head on their Wishlist, then I wanted it to happen for her some other way.

It's just the idea that I'd be unsure if she was secure and safe wherever else she would've been.

So at least knowing that she'd be at this home, away from the risks and the danger, and hard to find.

It's all just for my own peace of mind. If there's even a doubt that Kelani is safe, havoc will wreak in my mind and soul.

I need to know where she'd be. It's not a desire anymore. It's a necessity.

Kelani Perez herself, has become essential to my being.

And I've never felt this way about anyone in my entire life, nor do I intend to for anyone else after her.

Mum pats my chest, I look at her beside me to see she caught me staring at my girlfriend smiling with her mum. She holds my hand around her shoulders and smiles "you're so in love, mijo."

instead of shying away or denying, I smile and hide my head in my mums shoulder before looking back up to her "that obvious is it?". My loving mother scrunches her nose as she pinches my cheeks.