Chapter 46

THREE MONTHS LATER•

THREE MONTHS LATER

Kelani

"I forgot how much this shit hurts"  Cherrie wines as as the tattooist continues drawing on her left wrist with the tattoo gun.

"Endure it midget, no backing out now" I tease. Cherrie groans and pins her eyes shut. She stretches out her right hand to reach for my left arm and squeezes my hand.

The tattooist working on me let's out a chuckle as he continues to draw on my right wrist with the gun. The needle pinching at my skin eachtime he traces the outline.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted Rowan to do this" Cherrie glares at him as he continues to colour on her skin.

"You do know I'm a professional right? This isn't just a hobby." Rowan keeps his eyes on her wrist.

"So you think you're some kinda sick cunt now?" She winges. Rowan just laughs, knowing she's talking out of agitation.

"So this is just a hobby for you right? I mean I know you're pursuing law" I look down to my tattooist, who happens to be Sebastian. He looks up to find my eyes before looking back to my wrist that he continues to work on against the steel side table.

"Yeah just a hobby for me. I originally wanted to be an artist, but that was too unrealistic. I do my own tattoos most times" he replies, wiping away the excess ink on the surface of my skin. I look at the tattoos on his arm and neck and observe the line work and shading.

He points to the single ones on his arms are kind of bumpy and thick, the shading is uneven too. "These were the first ones I did on myself. As you can see. It's ass" he admits, I chuckle and he points to the pieces at the top of his sleeve, at his bicep. These ones are much better and more attractive. "These ones were when I started to get better. I did my whole sleeve after practicing around my torso."

His sleeve is so cool, the line work of the python that curls around his arm, along with the shadows behind are so well done. The vibrant colours most times can be odd, but they're pretty on his skin.

"You did the whole thing?"

"Yeah. Well there were a couple of touch ups that I got from a professional, he helped cover up the ugly ass ones I failed to finish. But yeah pretty much"

"I thought you had a shitty pain tolerance." I say, remembering what he said when we spoke that night at his party. He laughs and purses his lips, embarrassed.

"Yeah I do. But you know- I just enjoyed practicing sometimes I wouldn't realise how much it hurt. Whereas when I went to a professional tattooist, it always hurt like hell" He drags the gun at my wrist, I feel a tight but bearable pinch.