Chapter 20

tw: sexual assault

Mateo

Ace and Dad are downstairs looking for Dylan or Justin. Dad and I decided to get rid of Dylan after the threat he threw at mum, we weren't risking putting her in anymore danger.

I'm upstairs scrambling through Justin's room, trying to find the blackmail he's holding against me. The pictures. A file or something holding them.

As I look through his bedside draws, the leg wobbles over the floor board. I push the table and hear the wobble again. The fucking floor. The board under the leg shifts as I push the table aside.

Brushing back my hair, I pull back the loose floor board.

"Well fuck" I scoff, seeing a usb in the compartment beneath the board. Along with a bag of Cocaine, a vile and a syringe.

I grab the usb, shove it in my zipper pocket of my sweatpants before sliding my sleeve over my hands to pick up the drugs.

Pocketing those too, I notice there's a small travel notebook beneath everything else. Before I'm able to check it's contents, I hear frustrated cussing and grunts downstairs. I grab Justin's laptop off his rubbish filled bed, and head downstairs to the others.

"Did you find them?" I ask, looking over to Dad as he comes back in from the garage. Ace comes from the office.

"Nothing" Ace shrugs.

"Me either" Dad sighs "you find anything?" he turns to me and points to the laptop in my hand.

"I think so" I smirk, breathing heavily. Dad nods with a relieved grin. And he pulls out his phone, answering a call.

"What the fuck do you mean?" He raises his voice, hands turning to a fist.

"Are they okay?" Dad waves us over as he runs outside and heads to the car. Ace and I follow, the rest of the men get in the other car and the bikes.

"What's going on?" I ask closing the car door behind me as I get in. Dad sits in the front seat beside the driver, Ace sits beside me in the back seat.

"For fucks sake!" Dad punches his door, ignoring my question while continuing to yell on the phone, until he ends the call. "Drive to the house. Now. And send everyone else there too" Dad orders the driver, who says something into his earpiece before starting the car and driving off.

"Dad what's happened at the house?" I ask, worried as Ace also leans forward with the same expression.

"His fucking men. He's still at the house." He groans, hand palmed on his forehead.

"Dylan?"

"Fucking Dylan"

A frustrated groan escapes my mouth as I lean back into my seat, brushing back my sweaty hair. The driver speeds up, as the anger and tension builds up in the car.

"Are the girls okay?" I ask leaning forward. Eager to hear the answer, hoping it's not a gut wrenching one.

"They're fine, two of the men are inside for them. But the heats getting heavy against my men"

"Fucken hell" I mutter, pulling out my phone from my pocket. Without a second thought I dial Kelani's number, the four bikes on either side of our car revving loud enough to cause groans and bitching in other drivers.

She answers. I sigh of relief at hearing her voice. She's asks where we are, I explain that we were tricked, and that Dylan is still at the house, so she needs to hide. And my god, is she fucking stubborn.

"I'm sorry we left you alone. Is mum okay? Cherrie? What's happening?" I'm swallowing down this anxiety, trying to make sure they're all okay.