Chapter 59

Kelani

Kelani

After frustratedly ripping off the fabric cast around my shoulder, I turn the hot water on to try and relax the muscles. The water that pours over me is burning my skin, but I have no energy to care. As I stand in this luxurious shower thats too big and too classy, in a house thats even more luxurious and even bigger, all I can think about is Cherrie. And Ace. And the fact that I could very well be sent to prison if SaviourA is evidently unmasked.

After explaining what happened at the club with Mateos ex, Lauren, how it lead to me finding that Sebastian was mine and my sisters third assaulter, the fact that she knows I'm Saviour, and how I threatened her to stay quiet about it; my mum and Uncle Sam were pissed, Gabriel and Isabella were distraught to find out that a kid they watched grow up did such a horrendous thing.

Meanwhile Miguel was laughing at the fact that I stabbed Laurens phone through her hand, piercing her palm.

Gabriel asked if i was sure that the phone was broken, therefore removing the recording she got of me exposing myself as SaviourA. I said yes given the knife went straight through the phone and wrecking the 'brain' of the phone.

That phone cant be saved.

It's the matter of wether or not they take her word, should she be the source and witness that the news revealed the authorities to have gained. That Information WASNT supposed to be showcased, but Journalists are careless and selfish with the information they find. If it's exclusive they will put it out and be praised for it. Which is why Lauren wanted so badly to write the story on SaviourA that no one else could.

She found out SaviourA's identity. Me.

But without her evidence, her editor most likely wouldn't have permitted her to publish a story.

So she got pissed and went to the police instead.

That's the theory we all concluded with. Mateo was quiet the whole time, he just kept his hand on my thigh and zoned out.

After that, Uncle Sam told the women and I to take a shower and get some sleep before we get started with the mess of a day tomorrow.

Mateo remained seated with his uncle Miguel and father and uncle Sam. I didnt know what they wanted to talk about but as I reached the top step I heard Mateo ask "What if she gets caught and taken away?", his voice in a weak whisper, and I knew he was talking about me.

They went quiet and now I'm in the shower, scrubbing the blood of men out of my hair and off my skin. The water on the floor turn to a brownish red. Blood, and blood and more blood.

I'm watching the dyed water flow down the drain, and my knees shake. I think of my bestfriend and my brows fall weak with my eyes. I'm crying again.

Crying over death, yet I've caused so many.
What a hypocrite. Still, I don't regret any of them.