Chapter 8

Kelani

I have been flipping my room upside down trying to find my wallet. It's been missing since Friday. It's Sunday now and I still haven't found it.

"Fucks sake where did I put it?" I say as I empty out my tote bag for the 5th time.

It has all my cash in there, my dumbass forgot to take the money out and put it in my safe.

Five grand cash, poof.

It was the money I got from an old client. I don't take money from clients who don't have any to spare.

But some who have come to me for help, are sometimes well off and wealthy, so they don't hesitate to pay me for completing the job they set for me.

In this case, a father hired me teach his daughters ex-boyfriend a lesson for harassment and sexual threats.

I broke the ex-boyfriends nose and jaw since he didn't take my warning to stay away from the family seriously.

Since then he hasn't bothered his daughter, and the father noticed that she was more at ease and back to how she was before.

So he recently payed me five thousand in cash as a thank you, and asked that I help again if necessary.

I wanted to save that money, but me being a careless idiot, I must've misplaced it.

Fuck this. I give up. I go downstairs to make myself some lunch. All this stress from university, trying to find attacker number 2 and 3, and now losing my damn money, made me miss meals.

I barely ate yesterday, I mostly rested and watched Netflix during the day because it was Saturday, and spent a few hours on my economics assignment.

Come today, I'm starving. I made a tuna salad sandwich and move it with me to the couch as I turn on the TV.

Uncle Sam is at work, as usual, he works majority of the day, and comes back home late at night.

Mum is still upstairs, sleeping. As usual.

Alaiyah would hate to see mum like this, we were all so close. And when mum found out what happened to us, it broke her heart.

She did everything she could to comfort us and act as though everything was okay for our sake, while dad would just scoff in the corner and continue to calll us liars.

I remember the day we told him what happened.

~~~~~
"You expect me to believe that? Huh? Just say that you two were a couple of irresponsible whores and had sex."

"We were raped! We've been in pain because of what fucking happened and you don't wanna see that!" I yell

He gets up off the couch and slaps my across the face.

"Stop fucking lying to me! Stop!"

Alaiyah comes closer next to me and wraps her arms around me as I break down.

"We're not you asshole! It's like You're so fucking afraid of having fucked up kids. Oh and God forbid you have two daughters who aren't fucking virgins, well guess what dad, it wasn't our fucking choice anyway!"

He moves in front of Alaiyah and pulls her hair.

"Don't say that shit to me! Don't fucking tell me that"

He slaps her across her face as he keeps pulling back her hair

"Dad stop!"
~~~~~

All we needed was our dad... to be a father. But he couldn't even do that.

Don't worry Alaiyah, I'll take care of it.